Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New to Everything...

ThePVangler

Help Me Get Jacked!!

Hey, im relatively new to weight training and I have a few questions. First of all I am 6'1 and 155 pounds. And I am trying to gain a lot of weight, my goal weight is 185 and once i get there im sure i will want to hit the 200 mark. When i go to the gym i do a ton of squats, leg press, bench press, pull ups, curls, and dips. I have been doing this for about 2 months on and off but the most i have ever weighed was 161. My first question is, what other workout methods are recommended for gaining muscle mass, and what workouts work the fastest with the most noticeable results? My second question is should I be taking any supplements? I drink whey protein before and after my workouts. But is there something else that works better?

In other words here is what i want to do
- Gain weight
- Gain Strength
- Get fast results(I know it takes time, but some techniques work faster)
- Get jacked for summertime beach weather

Thank you very much, and sorry for all the questions. I dont know much about the subject.

Last edited:
Re: Help Me Get Jacked!!

Hey, im relatively new to weight training and I have a few questions. First of all I am 6'1 and 155 pounds. And I am trying to gain a lot of weight, my goal weight is 185 and once i get there im sure i will want to hit the 200 mark. When i go to the gym i do a ton of squats, leg press, bench press, pull ups, curls, and dips. I have been doing this for about 2 months on and off but the most i have ever weighed was 161. My first question is, what other workout methods are recommended for gaining muscle mass, and what workouts work the fastest with the most noticeable results? My second question is should I be taking any supplements? I drink whey protein before and after my workouts. But is there something else that works better?

- Gain weight
- Gain Strength

Thank you very much, and sorry for all the questions. I dont know much about the subject.

This will depend on your age and also your diet but gaining strength and mass depend on having your diet down and then a decent routine will help. Your results will be faster if you eat well, stay consistent, dont cluster fuck the routine someone gives you and you train hard. "Getting jacked for summer" that will leave you about 5 months to add 30lbs and get to 185lbs. Im not really sure how realistic that is but Im telling you that if you pay attention to what the bro's on here are gonna tell you then you will see results.

"What routines are reccomended to gain muscle mass and what workouts work fastest" A routine which includes Squats, Deadlifts, Benchpresses, Barbell Rows & Military Presses will build alot of muscle. Dips and Pullups are also very good. If your a beginner I think alot of people may suggest the 5x5 which includes all of them and is good for building a strong base.
Here - 5x5 Calculator

Although the 5x5 routine is popular as a beginner I followed a differant routine somthing like this:

Workout A:
Squats 5x8
Deadlifts 3x6
Chins 4x8
Dips 4x8

Workout B:
Flat BB Bench 5x8
Pullover 3x10
BB Row 5x8
Bradford Military 5x8

That worked well for me but Im no expert and you should probably wait for some more experienced bro's to tell you which routine to do.

And as for supplements, as the name suggests they supplement your diet, first of all you need to get your diet down, whey post workout and upon waking is good but dont go crazy with your supplements before your diet is in check.

Re: Help Me Get Jacked!!

- Gain weight
- Gain Strength

Welcome to EF, PV. You have come to the right place.

If you're 6'1 and only weigh 155 you probably gotta eat a heck of a lot more....Post up your diet and we can go from there. Also how old are you?

Thank you needtogetaas!

As far as hitting 185 by summer, i know thats not realistic i just need to have something to work towards. I am 16 and i basically do not care what i eat, i just eat whatever i can find when i get hungry. A basic day of eating for me on school days is as followed...

BREAKFAST
- Instant Breakfast nutrition drink
- 1 Becon, egg, and cheese toaster thing
- 1 Strawberry toaster thing
- Bowl of cereal

LUNCH
- 1 chick-fil-a sandwich
- Large fries
- 2 cookies
- Random stuff that other people dont eat

DINNER
- I like to eat beef AT LEAST 3 days a week(burgers, lots of steak, spaghetti w/meatballs, etc.)
- Every day after school i have a microwave meal like chicken alfredo, burrito, or lasagna.
- Lots of dessert after dinner

I snack every time im around food, when i come home from school ill have like half a bag of chips, beef jerkey, bowl of cereal before bed. I usually eat a lot of food on weekends too, but i guess i have a super high metabolism.

Here are my max weights fyi..
Squat
-260 x3
Bench
-135 x3
DB curls
-40 x10
Dead lift
-180x3
Shoulder lift
- 80x5
Triceps Machine(idk the name)
- 80 5x5
Dips
-5x5
Leg Press
-360 x5
And those are just the weights where i stop the exercise, of course i warm up with smaller weights.

Last edited:
Ah I didnt know you were so young. If you find it hard to eat around school take chicken with peppers and salad in tortilla wraps, take alot of them and eat them throughout the day. And for breakfast either have scrambled eggs with toast cuz their quick to cook which is good when your in a rush in the mornings or chuck egg whites, whey, milk oats, fruit etc in a blender and try and find a nice shake that you can drink quickly

Ok, i now know what to eat after reading your advice and searching the forums. But as for exercises, im looking to add more so i dont get tired of the same ones too fast. I am looking to get the v look with large shoulders, bi's, tri's, and forearms. Any suggestions?

id really look into the 5x5 that was posted or the simpler 3x5.. dont worry about the amount of lifts your doing.. those programs are designed to keep adding weight everytime you step into the gym.. it might start out light for about 2-3 weeks but once it catches up to your old 5rep max range your gonna be dreading or freakin pumped about the next lift.. its a brutal routine to follow and has had great results for numerous people.

Yeah i looked at the progam and tried it a couple times, but i like to be at the gym for a while. Ill try to just have an arm day, and ill end up working everything. I go 3 days a week, but every time i workout i just work everything, or at least all of my upper body. Is this bad?

It's not "Bad" but based on your goals or adding mass, you need to go all out on 1 BP per day. Also I prefer to NOT train back the day B4 or after Bi's or chest the day B4 or after tri's...

And remember 3 days on, 1 off...

You're main concern is to clean up that diet

Top Bottom