Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help to increase my benchpress

I have had good success with Shawn Philips "Add 50lbs to your bench" program. It utilizes negatives to break through your old 1rm.

dude said:
I have had good success with Shawn Philips "Add 50lbs to your bench" program. It utilizes negatives to break through your old 1rm.

Ya the old muscle media workout by shawn phillips works good. I usually alternate it with the german volume (10 sets of 10) and the power matrix. Also remember that to have a big bench press you also need to have big shoulders, triceps, and back so don't put them on the back burner.

carp out.......

what worked best for me was doing low reps, 5 sets of 3, 3, 2, 1, 1. to plan what weights u would use, the first set being your max minus 25 lbs, then pyramid up in weight 5 lbs. each set. dont do it for too long, as maxing out each week starts to work against u and you strength starts to decrease after around 6 to 8 weeks. but this worked great for me, one week i would be able to do all sets except the last set, then the next week i would be able to do every single set and the next time i went to do it i started 5 lbs. heavier. most important though i think u gain strength much easily when bulking.

what type of traing do you do for your bench now????theres many ways to address it,where are you failing?are you poping the weight off your chest then stalling,are you getting stuck on your chest..........

Stick to the basics. People make working out way to complicated. Make sure your form is good. Always keep the weight controlled. Vary your work outs and make sure you eat every two to three hours. You will grow if you follow a few simple guidlines.

BigCarp said:

Ya the old muscle media workout by shawn phillips works good. I usually alternate it with the german volume (10 sets of 10) and the power matrix. Also remember that to have a big bench press you also need to have big shoulders, triceps, and back so don't put them on the back burner.

carp out.......
I really like the power matrix and think it is an excellent program. I used the Shawn Philips program but altered for my body type.

frenchy

I increased my bench by 20% up to 120 kilos over 3 weeks just before xmas last year with a semi-intense power routine. However, you can´t just jump into it. What´s your previous training look like?

Top Bottom