Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My traps wont grow, please help!!!!

first of all, you need to do more powerlifting style workouts. 5 sets of power cleans with low reps 4-6 and heavey deadlifts(with the same reps)

the above should get your traps growing.

you should be doing military presses with either dumbells or barbells for your delts and barbell rows for your back.
These will also help your traps since they are involved in all the above lifts. you should also do dumbell shrugs, forget barbells for shrugs.

when you shrug, just move the shoulders up and down, try not to roll your shoulders back or forwards.
Try to get your traps as high as possible, stay strick and slightly bend your knees to help out your lower back.

hope this helps!

So...why are so few people interested in the farmer's walk? Just telling you guys...give it a try and you will scream at me later.

B True

i did shrugs today, although i can only do 100 lbs. (i weigh about 110 so i guess it could be worse) the problem with doing them is my hands give out and start to drop the bar before my traps ever feel the burn. it's a shame too because i was making good progress with them and now i have to just do the 100 till my hands give out, stretch my hands and use a lower weight for a zillion reps.

what are some ways to increase hand strength? or is the culprit forearms not hand weakness?

Ahhhh...I can help you. Go to ironmind.com and they have tons of grip equipment. CoC grippers are about your best bet. Try thick bar exercises, never use straps, and keep banging at those heavy dumbbells. Hold them till they fall out of your hands...then pick them up again and give it another try.

Hope this helps...you need any more "serious" help or questions feel free to email me.

B True

The truth is that shrugs are not as effective as ppl think. Most of the time, your other muscles fail before traps. You need to grip the weight, the stress goes to your forearms, biceps, triceps, rotator cuff, shoulders, and then your traps.

As always big man, awesome advice.:cool:

Top Bottom