Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Approved Log My lifestyle Diet Training Prep log

Had a good workout this morning. Went a little lighter just as a precaution and my back did great. Had a history of muscle strains in that same part of my back so hopefully strengthening everything up back there will help.

Barbell row 3x8 135 pounds definitely felt light
Lat pulldown 3x10 120 pounds
Cable seated row 3x10 120 pounds
Straight arm pulldown 3x10 80 pounds incredibly easy
Cable bicep curl 3x12 60 pounds

All in all a good workout just a bit light just as a precaution but everything was fine so definitely time to start upping the weights. Tomorrow is shoulder day! Breakfast was 6 scrambled eggs and 2 packets of protein oatmeal (10g protein each). Need to get some fruit to add in. Plus I had a 24 gram protein shake pre and post workout. Using ON Gold standard whey. Additionally I ate 2 lunches like I normally do consisting of chicken, rice and veggies spaced about 3-4 hours apart.
@BrightFuture good day today light or not you back at it
lets see your shoulder day tomorrow

Below is my log for Thursday:

Slept great last night! Got up went to the gym and combined shoulders and legs. Definitely prefer to keep them separate but I did hit a 8 rep pr on hammer strength shoulder press! See details below:

Hammer strength shoulder press: 8x70 6x70 8x45
Leg press 8x260 8x280 10x300
Face pull 4 sets of 15 at 80 pounds (nice and slow reps)
Seated leg curl 12x105 12x120 12x135
Dumbbell lateral raises 3 sets of 12 reps at 15
Standing calf raise 15x135 15x155 15x175

Pretty proud of hitting 70 pounds on the hammer strength press. Definitely prefer keeping the body parts separate because it allows me to do more overall. Typically on leg day I do squats and Romanian deadlifts as well. Shoulder day typically has shrugs and reverse flyes as well.

Plan to start breathing exercises before bed. Did that last night and had great sleep. Goal is to no longer miss a day or if I do I will just use Saturday as a make up day. Although I don’t really see a reason moving forward why I would miss a day. I go to bed early and get up early and hit the gym to ensure nothing gets in the way of working out. I absolutely love the way I feel after a workout. Definitely gives huge motivation to keep pressing and progressing. Got a good day of healthy meals planned out.

Woke up this morning feeling good! Hit the gym and really enjoyed it. Workout details below:

Hammer strength incline press 10x45 8x55 6x65 4x75
Cable tricep pushdown 4 sets of 12 at 70 pounds
Cable tricep extension 4 sets of 12 at 80 pounds
Cable reverse grip push down 4 sets of 12 70 pounds
Barbell curl 10x60 10x60 8x60
Preacher curl 10x45 10x45 8x45
Dumbbell hammer curl 3 sets of 10 at 20 pounds (extremely slow reps really felt the muscle contraction)

Thinking I like pyramid sets on the compound movements a lot better than straight sets. Just feels better overall. Will be back in the gym Monday for chest day. Also got a 3 day weekend.
Plan for Monday is below

Barbell bench 5 sets 10,8,6,4,2
Hammer strength incline press 4 sets 10,8,6,4
Incline dumbbell flye 3 sets 12 reps
Pec deck machine flye 3 sets 12 reps
Dumbbell overhead tricep extension 10,8,6,4
Cable tricep pushdown 3 sets 12 reps

Open to any suggestions. I am also aware dumbbell tricep extensions are not really a compound exercise but I have found I enjoy doing those in a pyramid fashion.

Also for my progression plan for bench how does this sounds. Sets would be 10,8,6,4,2:

First set I hit 135 for 10 reps. Next set I hit 140 for 8. Next I hit 145 for 6 and just continue to add 5 pounds for the remaining 2 sets. The following week I would start with 140 for 10 reps and just keep adding 5 pounds each set. If I were to fail to hit my rep goal on the 3rd set of 6 reps I would keep the weight the same for the remaining 2 sets and try to hit all of my reps the next workout.

This seems a fairly good way to ensure I am increasing both weight and reps every workout. Open to any input.

Slept great last night! Got up went to the gym and combined shoulders and legs. Definitely prefer to keep them separate but I did hit a 8 rep pr on hammer strength shoulder press! See details below:

Pretty proud of hitting 70 pounds on the hammer strength press. Definitely prefer keeping the body parts separate because it allows me to do more overall. Typically on leg day I do squats and Romanian deadlifts as well. Shoulder day typically has shrugs and reverse flyes as well.

Plan to start breathing exercises before bed. Did that last night and had great sleep. Goal is to no longer miss a day or if I do I will just use Saturday as a make up day. Although I don’t really see a reason moving forward why I would miss a day. I go to bed early and get up early and hit the gym to ensure nothing gets in the way of working out. I absolutely love the way I feel after a workout. Definitely gives huge motivation to keep pressing and progressing. Got a good day of healthy meals planned out.
Woke up this morning feeling good! Hit the gym and really enjoyed it. Workout details below:

Hammer strength incline press 10x45 8x55 6x65 4x75
Cable tricep pushdown 4 sets of 12 at 70 pounds
Cable tricep extension 4 sets of 12 at 80 pounds
Cable reverse grip push down 4 sets of 12 70 pounds
Barbell curl 10x60 10x60 8x60
Preacher curl 10x45 10x45 8x45
Dumbbell hammer curl 3 sets of 10 at 20 pounds (extremely slow reps really felt the muscle contraction)

Thinking I like pyramid sets on the compound movements a lot better than straight sets. Just feels better overall. Will be back in the gym Monday for chest day. Also got a 3 day weekend.
Plan for Monday is below

Barbell bench 5 sets 10,8,6,4,2
Hammer strength incline press 4 sets 10,8,6,4
Incline dumbbell flye 3 sets 12 reps
Pec deck machine flye 3 sets 12 reps
Dumbbell overhead tricep extension 10,8,6,4
Cable tricep pushdown 3 sets 12 reps

Open to any suggestions. I am also aware dumbbell tricep extensions are not really a compound exercise but I have found I enjoy doing those in a pyramid fashion.
Also for my progression plan for bench how does this sounds. Sets would be 10,8,6,4,2:

First set I hit 135 for 10 reps. Next set I hit 140 for 8. Next I hit 145 for 6 and just continue to add 5 pounds for the remaining 2 sets. The following week I would start with 140 for 10 reps and just keep adding 5 pounds each set. If I were to fail to hit my rep goal on the 3rd set of 6 reps I would keep the weight the same for the remaining 2 sets and try to hit all of my reps the next workout.

This seems a fairly good way to ensure I am increasing both weight and reps every workout. Open to any input.
@BrightFuture I saw your EVO update too btw, I want to see you go higher reps at least 25-50 reps to really pump up more

that is definitely a good hack doing the breathing before bed try some meditation and yoga it will go a long way

Top Bottom