Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My dog--and best bud--has cancer (MAST)

nordstrom said:
http://www.vetpath.co.za/small7.htm

Just like human cancers, there are grades. Keep in mind this is generic info, i dont know anything about your dogs prognosis, location, grade, etc. Naturally i have no vet experience either.

Histological grade Prognosis after complete surgical excision only
Grade 1 = well-differentiated 83% survive at least 4 years
Grade 2 = intermediate differentiation 44% survive at least 4 years
Grade 3 = poorly-differentiated < 10% survive more than 1 year

thanks. i don't know what grade it is but i guess the good news is that the tumors they've found are <50mm in diameter but if i remember correctly (which i might very well not), he said that radiation probably wasn't an option which according to the web site seems to mean that it's grade 3. i don't they know yet though.

i'm so sorry...i hope your dog can beat this. i lost my springer a year and a half ago. he was only 3. sad, sad stuff.

Shak said:
i'm so sorry...i hope your dog can beat this. i lost my springer a year and a half ago. he was only 3. sad, sad stuff.

Max is six and I guess I've been lucky. It seems like most rare pure breeds come with a ton of problems (I think there's only 700 flat coated retrievers in the US or something like that). He's already had one knee replaced (or at last part of the knee) and there's been tons of other smaller things. I've spent thousands of $$ already on the lil' guy and I'd gladly spend 10x that if I knew they could fix him. I'm trying to set up an appointment with Angel Memorial in Boston right now, they're supposed to be the best MAST cancer hospital in the world. I just hope they have some kind of hotel there for dog owners, there's just no way in the world I'l leaving him alone in a scary hospital. He starts shaking every time I take him to the vet for a simple checkup. It's just too fucking sad.

remember your vet doesnt really know what it is until you get a biopsy of it, i thought my dog had cancer before and it was just a cyst, good luck

hamstershaver said:
remember your vet doesnt really know what it is until you get a biopsy of it, i thought my dog had cancer before and it was just a cyst, good luck
I know and you're right, but they already gave me phone numbers to a bunch of animal hospitals...

That stinks.....they are so much like famliy members! Hang in there. Animals seem to better then humans when it comes to cancer....((((((HUGS))))))

Bro, my dog had cancer and it was CLEARLY evident. A once energetic and crazy dog suddenly became very quiet. For days she didn't move, only moped around. Tail never wagged again. I knew instantly that there was something very wrong with her, which turned out to be cancer. The end result is that she is no longer with us. Hopefully it isn't that serious with your dog. Good luck.

KillahBee said:
Bro, my dog had cancer and it was CLEARLY evident. A once energetic and crazy dog suddenly became very quiet. For days she didn't move, only moped around. Tail never wagged again. I knew instantly that there was something very wrong with her, which turned out to be cancer. The end result is that she is no longer with us. Hopefully it isn't that serious with your dog. Good luck.

Sorry to hear that :(. Max has been ok in the past week but he has been noticeably less hyper than usual. The dog sitter said that he was quiet yesterday and he's been hanging out on the couch almost all day today (VERY unusal for flat coats). When I come over to him, he starts wagging his tail and he lifts up his head as if he wants to play but his body doesn't move. It's as if he's on tranquilizers...

Top Bottom