Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Much RESPECT for all u ladies....

fit1

I don't see how you ladies do it sometimes....
I TRY to stick to a diet, I TRY to get up at 5:30 in the morning to go to the gym...BUT it doesn't happen...it doesn't help that I'm not a morning person at all and I love food too much...
I just don't have any willpower...and it soooo pisses me off....
I know I am the only one that can change this, and I keep telling myself that, but it doesn't seem to work...and it's driving me nutso...some say, "well, you don't want it bad enough..."
Believe me...I WANT IT!!! lol...I just need to get in a routine...I know if I got thru 2-3 weeks of it, it'd be a lot easier, but it's just gettin' started that just ain't workin' for me...
Maybe this is just a bitch session also, but I wanted to tell all u ladies that I have mucho respect for y'all and congratulate all of u...Y'all have sooo much awesome info...:D
Now...somebody kick my ass and get it in gear...:)

Do you keep a training log? That was the key for me. I used to come up with all kinds of excuses to skip out. Once I got a log and started planning my workouts beforehand, I was a lot more motivated to get to the gym. The thought of writing all that stuff up and just leaving it blank guilted me into going.

At first I thought I'd look silly carrying my little notebook, since not many other people do it at my gym. After I started seeing results though, I didn't care what people might think - it was MY secret weapon!

Eventually the bug took hold and I don't need much motivation to get to the gym, but if I ever waver on a day that's not a scheduled rest day, I just think about how good I always feel on the days I work out. I do still keep a log, because I found it to be a valuable training tool and it saves a lot of time.

whats up baby??? how ya been girl!!??? wow...we have some catchin up to do.

stop whining........im comin to kick ur ass...... see u in a few....;)

hey kb!!!

haven't talked to ya' in a while...i've had some interesting things go on....:) i'll tell ya' about them here in a little bit.
and i'm waitin'...i need a really good ass kickin'...:p

fitfossil - i'll do that...i'll get a little notebook and log everything...
but now, i've got to get into the mentality of eating for "fuel", not for taste...that's gonna' suck...lol.

Hey BITCH...lol..
Yea, I've tried to give myself a deadline..first it was my best friend's wedding...then i had set one for the end of december for new years....well, the wedding one didn't happen and i'm way way behind on my new years...i picked up some pics yesterday from when i took my "befores"....OMG!!! Talk about nasty...lol.
They were horrible...If I wasn't so embarassed by them, I'd put them on my refrigerator to scare me into doing something about it...lol.

Re: hey kb!!!

fit1 said:
fitfossil - i'll do that...i'll get a little notebook and log everything...but now, i've got to get into the mentality of eating for "fuel", not for taste...that's gonna' suck...lol.

Eating for fuel...That's another thing the workout log helped with, since diet was my biggest obstacle. I used to think I could just work out extra hard to make up for a crappy diet. The workout log opened my eyes and showed how I was doing all this hard work but shooting myself in the foot with my diet.

Once I started recording my weights and reps, I wanted to see those numbers improve from week to week. That's when I began to question what I was putting into my mouth. I started asking myself "Will this item of food enhance my performance, or is it just a waste of calories? My diet didn't improve over night, but I started making better food choices bit by bit. Over time, the little changes add up.

I was also going to suggest instead of setting a date deadline, set some other measureable goals -- like drop 2% bodyfat by Xmas or get your lifts up by 10 lbs or more increased reps by a certain date or more cardio or AM cardio or whatever -- something that takes the focus off of whether or not you are "getting skinny" or whatever. There is so much trauma associated w/ how you look and whether or not you can accomplish somethign by a certain day. Take little steps with goals that are more tangible, but will ultimately result in achieving that lean body. If you can measure your body fat every 2 weeks then you can see where you are slipping and its a quantifiable thing. Plus you can see when you are getting those results by how your clothes fit, how you look, how you feel or the if you were able to get in x AM cardio sessions per week. Much easier to focus on these things than worrying about getting on the scale on the target date and then feeling guilty if you don't hit your goal. The whole process is self-defeating.

FitFossil said:
"Will this item of food enhance my performance, or is it just a waste of calories?

TOTALLY! This exact thought has kept me away from alcohol for some time now (except for very occasional lapses) - something I never thought possible, as a (former) confirmed beer guzzler. And it works for just about anything.

Having very specific goals helps, and having a HUGE desire to make them come true is what helps to get a routine established and maintained. You just stop copping out on yourself after a while.

I also have a training notebook - I plan cycles for 6 weeks, then adjust things as I go along, and write down every set, rep and weight, along with how I felt and potential reasons for extra or lacking energy. It's a pain at first, but if you're just sitting there waiting during sets ...

Now go kick some ass!

Top Bottom