Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Most Americans can no longer collect unemployment..

Actually I've been an employee of a Mom 'n' Pop retail store on min wage (yes, as an adult), and been unemployed, been a union-wage worker in a factory (during the Bush administration), and been homeless living in a Toyota in my 20s (God willing, only a few days because I got off my a$$ and stopped feeling sorry for myself). So I'd consider myself somewhat experienced on the spectrum of working, owning, and not. There are others here with way more experience in one or more of those circumstances, but I'm not 100% inexperienced.

Charles

Then it's obvious you've forgotten not only how it feels to be unemployed, but you forgot all everything you learned while unemployed. Plus, we have the internet now. So, you should become unemployed and spend all day online reading and learning everything about EVERYTHING in order to become an expert. Don't worry, it should all come together quickly. Google will make it easy.

it's pretty obvious you don't know shit. You're too busy working all the time to study up on the economy, regulations, unions, and everything else...I mean EVERYTHING in order to be half the expert as others ITT.

well...actually i kinda have to have a grasp on all that stuff for my valuation work...the economy, regulations (tax, environmental, labor, etc.), unions and everything else are analyzed in-depth, as of the valuation date, to develop an opinion on the risks faced by the hypothetical willing buyer which, in-turn, feeds into your capitalization/discount rate and/or your discount for lack of marketability.

ps: i know you're being a bit sarcastic...but, i love to hear the sound of my own voice, or pen, as it were.

ill fly to fuck cindy

Then it's obvious you've forgotten not only how it feels to be unemployed, but you forgot all everything you learned while unemployed. Plus, we have the internet now. So, you should become unemployed and spend all day online reading and learning everything about EVERYTHING in order to become an expert. Don't worry, it should all come together quickly. Google will make it easy.

If so, I guess I'd be in for a rude awakening... But it's how I'd react to that rude awakening that sets me apart from habitual unemployed people. I can't imagine that if I were suddenly out of income or unemployed tomorrow, that I couldn't find some kind of a job within a couple weeks. It might be digging ditches, but it would be work, and I'm not ashamed to do it, unlike some of the whining protesters out there with a degree, caterwalling about not getting hired into a $100K/yr job straight out of yuppie universities. I forgot to mention that on harder times, I mucked out horse stalls in the rain at 5:00 in the morning for several months including on Christmas Day, despite that I have an ISO9001 and 9002 certification as an electronics technician, and a minor in written journalism. Sure, I'd rather have walked into the LA Times and gotten a job in the editing dept for $65K, or walked into Boeing and landed something there for $200K, but those jobs weren't available... Mucking stalls was. So whether or not I forgot what it's like (and all due respect, I don't think I forgot), I'd remember REAL FAST and get myself out of the unemployment predicament sooner than later.

Charles

The serial unemployed do not try, simply put.
They are afraid of failure and a host of other things. (hard work)
People who make money take the necessary risks, work hard, and are intelligent.
They didn't teach me much of anything about how to make money in school, they were too busy taking my money to give a shit.

Top Bottom