Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Most Americans can no longer collect unemployment..

My girlfriends job keeps laying everyone off and calling them back, can they collect unemployment for the days their laid off?

My girlfriends job keeps laying everyone off and calling them back, can they collect unemployment for the days their laid off?

Yes. At least in my state they can. A friend of mine has a rolling layoff week every six weeks. And he can collect unemployment for that week each time.

Yes. At least in my state they can. A friend of mine has a rolling layoff week every six weeks. And he can collect unemployment for that week each time.

What a loser your friend is

yeah but that is a stupid way for the company to manage the employees. Everytime someone collects unemployment, their unemploymnet tax is going to go up.

What a loser your friend is

Yeah, what a douche being spent home every six weeks so his boss can maintain a 20 million dollar yacht in the keys, a condo for entertaining friends, 1200 acre hunting preserve for his kids and friends (while calling it a corporate education center) and driving a brand new $90,000 BMW every year.

/rolls eyes

yeah but that is a stupid way for the company to manage the employees. Everytime someone collects unemployment, their unemploymnet tax is going to go up.

Apparently it doesn't go up enough to convince his boss to not do it. This has been an on going thing for over two years.

Apparently it doesn't go up enough to convince his boss to not do it. This has been an on going thing for over two years.

They should make him file the unemployment tax return for a year. He would understand that a bit better. At least where I am - you would not do that.

Another fact about collecting unemployment during seasonal layoffs: At least in CA, your boss must share the cost of your unemployment benefits, and he/she knows who's collecting and who isn't. Guess what: If you collect those benefits and cost your boss during the layoff, and a co-worker doesn't, guess which one of you will be the first one hired back, with the boss knowing who might and might not do it again?

Charles

Top Bottom