Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mitch, ITT we talk about your MBP

hey DT if i was gonna build a new box strictly for linux right now, what's the best bang for buck processor, vid card, memory you would recommend? I want to setup quad monitors is really the only special need i have. Really just running my trading platform for the most part but would like it powerful enough for graphic design i guess is the only thing else i might use

You have some special trading app that requires Linux? I work for a financial firm and everything from Bloomberg to Reuters to Portware and Merrin and Charles River are built to run on a Windows/Citrix environment. If your asking a question about basic hardware requirements then you don't want to be running Linux on your own personally built box for trading apps.

You have some special trading app that requires Linux? I work for a financial firm and everything from Bloomberg to Reuters to Portware and Merrin and Charles River are built to run on a Windows/Citrix environment. If your asking a question about basic hardware requirements then you don't want to be running Linux on your own personally built box for trading apps.

I'm a Systems Admin for a web hosting company. You ever play Call of Duty? It's hosted by us....all 3,000 servers it was load balanced across...now go sit down.

Your resources got pegged the last 15 seconds and then some or is that graph backwards? You weren't doing much intensive work except the last 15 seconds or more when all your cores looked to be at 100%

I pegged your grandma for 15 seconds...

*you're

I'm a Systems Admin for a web hosting company. You ever play Call of Duty? It's hosted by us....all 3,000 servers it was load balanced across...now go sit down.

That wasn't directed at you dude it was at pokey and being a systems admin for a web hosting company wouldn't make you an expert in trading apps to run in a Linux environment if you're going to mention 3000 load balanced servers for Call of Duty.

I've always liked you bro so I don't want to get in a web forum dick slapping contest with you when we're have two different areas of expertise, but I don't need to be told to sit down (which I'm sure wasn't completely serious since you don't know my background) when I setup systems for portfolio managers and various international heads of trading for a financial institution and this is my SME area.

Not a call out or fly to fight, just real talk for half a second.

That wasn't directed at you dude it was at pokey and being a systems admin for a web hosting company wouldn't make you an expert in trading apps to run in a Linux environment if you're going to mention 3000 load balanced servers for Call of Duty.

I've always liked you bro so I don't want to get in a web forum dick slapping contest with you when we're have two different areas of expertise, but I don't need to be told to sit down (which I'm sure wasn't completely serious since you don't know my background) when I setup systems for portfolio managers and various international heads of trading for a financial institution and this is my SME area.

Not a call out or fly to fight, just real talk for half a second.

*we

Top Bottom