Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Michael Moore takes time off from his book tour to attend anti-capitalism rally???

Re: Michael Moore takes time off from his book tour to attend anti-capitalism rally??

He's only online for a relatively narrow window throughout the day.

I'm guessing it's from an internet cafe before or after he attends his cyberuniversity class.

Is that the new thing you're going to try to make everyone beleive about me? that i attend an online college?

Re: Michael Moore takes time off from his book tour to attend anti-capitalism rally??

and from someone who claims to be gainfully employed you're on here alot, like constantly. Until someone chirps you out at least.

Is that the new thing you're going to try to make everyone beleive about me? that i attend an online college?

lol @ not denying it

Fine, avoidance is legal...make it illegal. If we're gonna drop the corporate tax rate, which we absolutely should it's disgraceful....then we have to shut down all "avoiders", lol. We need a stable tax base so that nobody can point a finger anywhere else and say those people aren't paying their share. Because what that allows is politicians to play one people against the other....unfortunately people aren't smart enough to see that going on. And it's a beautiful scheme, they've got us twisted up good on that one. Once we start handing the govt a steady check that doesn't fluctuate maybe they'll have to start doing things like not buying $300 toilet seats.

not to be argumentative butt (tee hee), a lot of the people that take advantage of these legislative graces (that's what we like to call them...loophole just sounds so...pedestrian) are avoiders, rather than evaders, and avoidance is legal and, in the instance of many of the special/preferential/whatever-the-fuck-you-want-to-call-them tax laws, actually encouraged...also, many of the laws are written to be purposefully broad in scope, so that they benefit as many people as possible...the lawmakers expect that people will work hard to fit themselves into these "boxes", if you will, so that they can avail themselves of these tax advantages...i'm not saying that the current system isn't fucked up...it is...but, the truth of the matter is that true conspiracy and abuse and criminal behavior isn't nearly as widespread as the media would like you to believe...at least not as far as the tax laws are concerned.

Fine, avoidance is legal...make it illegal. If we're gonna drop the corporate tax rate, which we absolutely should it's disgraceful....then we have to shut down all "avoiders", lol. We need a stable tax base so that nobody can point a finger anywhere else and say those people aren't paying their share. Because what that allows is politicians to play one people against the other....unfortunately people aren't smart enough to see that going on. And it's a beautiful scheme, they've got us twisted up good on that one. Once we start handing the govt a steady check that doesn't fluctuate maybe they'll have to start doing things like not buying $300 toilet seats.

LOL @ making avoidance illegal.

Some poor guy sells a few stocks at the end of the year to offset some capital gains... and gets sent to prison.

Better yet, off with his head!

Michael Moore needs to be put in a straight jacket, gagged, and sedated for the rest of his natural life.

Charles

LOL @ making avoidance illegal.

Some poor guy sells a few stocks at the end of the year to offset some capital gains... and gets sent to prison.

Better yet, off with his head!

actually, some of the stuff that's out there is kind of bullshit (imho)...for example:

the child tax credit...it's only available up to a certain income level...and there's additional credits for those at lower income levels...we're encouraging people that can't afford to have kids, to go ahead and have'em anyway?

the dependent care credit...we're encouraging both parents to work fulltime and leave the child rearing to an unrealted 3rd party?

the education credit...instead of forcing these fucking opulent dens of higher learning to figure out on their own how to come to terms with the fact that their price outweighs the benefit in nearly every profession, we're going to subsidize them, so they can build more taj mahal-like structures around their campuses?

hell, i regularly see people whose household income is $80,000+ (well above anyone's measurement of the poverty line) and they have a couple of kids and are able to avail themselves of the myriad of credits available and, not only do they not pay any federal tax, they actually get a refund of money that they never paid in...that's called welfare...and we already have one of those.

actually, some of the stuff that's out there is kind of bullshit (imho)...for example:

the child tax credit...it's only available up to a certain income level...and there's additional credits for those at lower income levels...we're encouraging people that can't afford to have kids, to go ahead and have'em anyway?

the dependent care credit...we're encouraging both parents to work fulltime and leave the child rearing to an unrealted 3rd party?

the education credit...instead of forcing these fucking opulent dens of higher learning to figure out on their own how to come to terms with the fact that their price outweighs the benefit in nearly every profession, we're going to subsidize them, so they can build more taj mahal-like structures around their campuses?

hell, i regularly see people whose household income is $80,000+ (well above anyone's measurement of the poverty line) and they have a couple of kids and are able to avail themselves of the myriad of credits available and, not only do they not pay any federal tax, they actually get a refund of money that they never paid in...that's called welfare...and we already have one of those.

I completely agree. Those are loopholes we should close. I'd close the mortgage deduction too.

I've also heard people on Jerry before talking about how they "sell their kids" for tax purposes. I'm not sure how they do it, but I believe people who pay taxes will pay parents who do not pay taxes so they can deduct the child as a dependent for tax purposes.

How do you complete a killer internship online :confused:

Top Bottom