Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Met with the OL Coach Tonight!

Gladiola

WOOO HOOO Was that FUN!

The training center is just what I have been wanting - a REAALLL GYM! Warehouse with platforms & weights. That's about it. No A/C (So we didn't need to do much to 'warm-up' before stretching!)

I paid for a personal training session with him. After we warmed up, we did GM's & then worked on squat form. I have been going to about parallel, but no deeper (couldn't keep my arch if I did). So he helped me find that position. The solution?! Let my knees move over my toes!!!! Something I'd always learned (& was told to teach in my fitness classes) NOT to do! I knew this would entail lots of unlearning of my group exercise knowledge!

Then deep squats with a light weight, & on to some hanging cleans. Worked on the JUMP & SHRUG! Got that down, just got to get the bar up while still doing that! I learned I am not going to smack my neck, so stop worrying about that!

Some military presses, first behind, then in front. More deep squats (for strength) & RDL. My problem with the deadlift?! Not letting my knees come farther out!!! Problem solved! The deep squat & RDL feel SO natural & comfortable now! (Yes yes, I'll take some pics!) It was SO worth the money.

Apparently I picked up quick b/c I heard a few times that I grasped quickly & at one point heard, 'Yeah, you'll be competing in 6 months!' :dance2:

For the future?! 1. I can continue hiring him for personal training sessions. Don't think so - not for the $$$, plus he doesn't have much time for that anyway. 2. go train at this center for just $5 a workout. He'll still help me out & so will the other people. 3. Sign up to join the team, set my sights on competiting, & then train at the center for free, since a non-profit organization won't charge the members for participating.

:D So glad I met him finally & enjoyed it!

Generous indeed. He said then he gets no money off it (I think he either owns or pays to rent the place himself), but then it supports the sport & that is what he wants to do.

Part of it depends on my training partner. I don't want to totally abandon him, but I know he's not going to come with me all the way either (joining the team). He's leaving to study internationally in a few months anyway.

I'm thinking 1-2 workouts there per week at $5 each for the next couple months, then sign up & dedicate myself to it. He also states that joining the team entails agreeing to remain drug free.

don't let a training partner hold you back.
Actually normally I would agree. But he joined my gym just to train with me (otherwise did stuff on his own at home - was pretty limited though with both knowledge & equipment). + he is leaving the country soon anyway. I can wait or do a mix of some OL training & some sessions with him for just a few months. Otherwise yes, I wouldn't let him hold me back.

Indeed - I'm on the dark side!!! :) I have been wanting some sort of 'next step' for my training for a while now. I never thought BB was the thing for me to pursue. I'd rather work on what my body can do rather than how it looks. (I think about that enough already!)

Oh, & I've been training without lifting gloves for 2 weeks now - calluses coming in just fine. Can't believe how much SLDL without them hurt my hands though!

I'm going on vacation this weekend from Thur - Tue (my Bahamas trip last month was so horrendus - I want some time to relax!), so probably Wed when I get back. They normally training Sat, Mon & Wed, & I had the impression there is no option to go other times (place is not open). Saturdays I never train with my partner anyway - so I'll at least have that. Maybe I'll do Wed as well. Maybe bring him with me sometimes. :)

Glad,
Team up!!! You will have a grand time and also it sounds like you would be a great asset. Those thirsting to learn and craving improvment almost always the greatest asset to the team. Everyone is inspired and challenged when someone with true spirit joins ranks.

Congrats!

looks like teaming up sounds like the best option. when u get the cash later on down the road maybe u can look into snagging your own equipment. i love working out at home.

Top Bottom