Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lower back pain

live_large

When I do my shrugs, some days I tend to get lower back pains. I do not think it is too much weight because I am doing a nice full shrug. If any of you have had the same thing happen or can just know why this is could you help me out with a fix.
thanks

My guess is you're using your lower back to adjust to the change of your center of gravity while you're holding the BB. You can try a couple of things:
1. On your back day, make sure you're doing deadlifts to strengthen the lower back.
2. Do light weight deadlifts to stretch your back b4 shrugging.
3. Use alternate hand grips. Have one hand in supination while the other is in pronation. That may give you some extra control of the bar.

I had this problem also, but I was getting them when on one particular day I was deadlifting and boom crazy pains. I had to stay out of the gym for a week and now I am about to try deadlifts tommorow after 3 weeks not doing any.I was doing good mornings and the rest of my backworkout but no deadlifts.I will be staying light to say the least because that was a very painful experience and I do not plan on repeating it!

Top Bottom