Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low dose TRT causing bicep tendon pain? Help please

husker3in4

Hello everyone! I'm 43 and have been working out for the past 3 years, as well as play basketball pickup games for 2 hours/day, twice a week. First I should say I'm not a body builder, Ive been doing P90x mainly to lose weight, build some muscle and stay in shape. Also I should say, I'm taking prescription testosterone cypionate 200mg/2 weeks as replacement therapy as my testosterone tested low. Everything was fine until last spring when I decided I would play in a softball league - easy stuff compared to working out and 2 hrs of constant running in basketball right?

Well the whole bit of warming up then sitting around then suddenly sprinting or swinging the bat (not to mention the 100+ swings of batting practice on a regular basis) etc took its toll on my elbows. I'm 99% sure I have distal bicep tendonosis, as the pain is on the top of my elbow, and in the crease. After working out or basketball, it pretty much has a dull pain on both arms. After stretching it out the next day, I can function fairly pain free except when I try to work out. I can do tricep exercises and pushups at full strength, pull-ups maybe a bit less than half strength and pretty much any kind of curls KILL. Its the motion of a curl that really hurts so I can really only do like 10lb dumbbells :(

Most research Ive seen says just RICE will heal it, but that really hasn't done much for me. Last summer I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. I had a total of almost 4 months off from working out, so my tendons had plenty of time to heal. When I started working out again, they were no better. I tried taking glucosamine chondroitin (3k/day) but it hasnt done much either. I have read that some suggest glucosamine chondroitin with MSM, so maybe that will work?

Ive also read that Deca can help strengthen tendons, but I doubt my doctor would prescribe it. I'm also wondering if the testosterone dose is enough to cause tendon problems in the first place, or is part of the issue why they are not healing?

I have seen some people swear by Voodoo bands. Ive seen them online, but not sure how or why they work.

Im at a loss, and willing to try pretty much anything to get them on the path to recovery. Has anyone here had this same issue (not tennis or golf elbow) and what did you do to fix it?

tendons are a tricky thing.

if you continue to pound away which it sounds like you did you can cause the problem to be chronic. sorry but you will probably have to deal with this for the rest of your life. next time don't pound away at tendon issues like that. tendons at your age take a long time to heal, so you need to give them a rest for a while.

you can try tb500, that will give you some relief.

I just recovered from my bicep tendon rupture. I went to my orthopedic surgeon. Did MRI and got a cortisone shot in both shoulders. My HRT doctor also gave me Anavar to repair the muscle washing from the shot. Also we to physic Theraphy and bam three weeks later all repaired. Worked for me.

^^ cortizone shots work, but they are a bad idea. fooling your brain into thinking you are healed when you aren't will only cause more damage if you are gonna continue pounding away at that injury.

any doctor who gives a cortizine shot to a weightlifter should be sued for malpractice.

lets remember inflammation sucks but its the body healing itself.. shut that off and the body won't heal anymore. no different than getting the flu and taking meds to lower your fever when that is the bodies way of killing the virus. now before anyone starts bitching there are times where yes you need to take extreme measures. yeah if you had a 104 degree fever you would definately need to get that back down, so the same thing with cortizone shots.. if you are in agony then i guess you have no choice, however the best thing to do is not put yourself in that situation to begin with by taking care of injuries and LISTENING to your body

Is Prolotherapy expensive?

I have an update: My last blood results just came back, and my testosterone is at 991, which sounds pretty high and is just outside the normal range for my age group (according to my lab results paper). Its curious because my last 2 tests came back showing my testosterone around 450 and I didn't change the dose. The only thing I can think of, is maybe my thyroid being cancerous before affected my testosterone, and now with my thyroid gone and now being on Synthroid, my thyroid levels are back to normal and maybe I don't really need the testosterone shots? Also, the two other things that they tested for: my LH is at .3 and FSH is .7, both which show low on my report.

Could my test being that high and/or the other two (LH and FSH) being low cause my bicep tendons to heal slowly (or not at all)?

Is Prolotherapy expensive?

Could my test being that high and/or the other two (LH and FSH) being low cause my bicep tendons to heal slowly (or not at all)?

^^^^ No

Prolotherapy is as expensive as the doc is willing to work with you. Prolo isnt covered by insurance. So its cash pay. My doc works with me and doesnt gouge me. So I pay like $230 per apt which includes two full shoulders.
Some docs charge $500 and apt. But its the only fix to a chronic tendon issue and it works.

^^^ burn told me about a year ago to buy an inversion table for my back and neck. i finally got around to doing it. lets just say he saved me thousands in chiropractor, massage and acupuncture appt's.

so i would do that prolo.. it looks painful as shit in the vids (not sure if it is or not or if they numb the area??) but what it does it promote inflammation and healing. instead of killing it. (from the limited knowledge i have on it burn correct me if i'm wrong)

and as i said above i could easily tell you to run AAS to help you 'heal' but i would be lying to you. AAS might speed up healing by a fraction at most. but in reality it won't do much. tb500 has anti inflammatory properties and healing properties together but its not a long term solution either from what you've written. tendons are a whole nother ballgame.. we aren't talking about muscle pain here.

^^^ burn told me about a year ago to buy an inversion table for my back and neck. i finally got around to doing it. lets just say he saved me thousands in chiropractor, massage and acupuncture appt's.

so i would do that prolo.. it looks painful as shit in the vids (not sure if it is or not or if they numb the area??) but what it does it promote inflammation and healing. instead of killing it. (from the limited knowledge i have on it burn correct me if i'm wrong)

and as i said above i could easily tell you to run AAS to help you 'heal' but i would be lying to you. AAS might speed up healing by a fraction at most. but in reality it won't do much. tb500 has anti inflammatory properties and healing properties together but its not a long term solution either from what you've written. tendons are a whole nother ballgame.. we aren't talking about muscle pain here.

You are correct steve. The body doesnt respond much to an irritated tendon. Plus there is shit for blood flow there to begin with. But when you shoot the tendon full of dextrose and aqueous test suspension (that was my new treatment) it causes severe inflammation and forces the body go into 911 mode and focus on healing the area. It is extremely painful for the 48 hrs post treatment. But then it tapers off quickly.
The treatment itself isnt bad. I get at least 100+ injections every time i go. I dont have them use the skin numbing spray. There is lidicane mixed in each syringe so it initially helps for an hour or two post treatment. but the injections themselves really arent that painful. But thats me. Some people cant tolerate it. I have had them in my infraspinnatus tendons, supraspinnatus tendons, tricep insertions(at the elbow) with the needle bouncing off my bone ect... doesnt bother me at all. My wife almost passed out watching it and she does not have a weak stomach. Its worth it.
I think I talked Columbo into it too. I cant remember if he went through with it yet or not.

Ive injured my biecep tendon in the past totally clean and natural at the time.
That tendon is tricky and is quite easy to injure, I truly doub the TRT had anything
to do with your injury.

Top Bottom