Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

losing 5-10 lbs in 5 days by consuming 900 calories/day, what happens?

i was debating with a friend how this would not be a wise, nor lasting result, but they kept referring to "other" people who have had success. does anyone know the technical aspects of such a result?

(5 day diet yields 5-10 lb weight loss)

Nothing. Weight Loss != Fat Loss.

How does he look in the mirror? And yes it works. Go ask anyone in the military who's been to boot camp or out on patrol. All he's dongi is having a large calorie deficit. Don't believe all that intenret myth garbage. Your body won't drop metabolism to 1000 calories per day (impossible). Your body won't eat all your muscle (unless you have very low bf to begin wtih). Go look at gastric bypass patietns who eat 600 calories a day? NOthing but fat loss. People's internals are all the same.

Try it and let the mirror be the judge. Not broscience. I do vlcd all the time with IF to rapidly lose BF for my and my clients all the time. Works awesome.

I do NOT suggest high cardio. It's very hard for high intensity with low calories. Weights are good.

This weight loss would be water initially. You would go into starvation after a while and lose muscle mass

Not if you:

1) workout muscles
2) eat protein
3) do this for a limited time to quickly lose weight

Many athletes/bbers go on vlcd diets for a few weeks to quickly drop fat fast. There is zero need for body to go to muscles for glucose when there's ample supply of fatty deposits.

However if you do this for a lengthy period of time, never see the gym, have limited fat stores (why even do this then?) - then yes, body will start utilizing muscle protein for glucose.

Lots of great articles on this on lyle mcdonalds site and his "Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" where he specificaly answers this 'muscle loss' question.

Not if you:

1) workout muscles
2) eat protein
3) do this for a limited time to quickly lose weight

Many athletes/bbers go on vlcd diets for a few weeks to quickly drop fat fast. There is zero need for body to go to muscles for glucose when there's ample supply of fatty deposits.

However if you do this for a lengthy period of time, never see the gym, have limited fat stores (why even do this then?) - then yes, body will start utilizing muscle protein for glucose.

Lots of great articles on this on lyle mcdonalds site and his "Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" where he specificaly answers this 'muscle loss' question.

that's one of the primary debates within the UoMinnesota athletic department.. when does the body start using protein in the place of stored fats in the environment of exercise..

the current teaching is that the body does not want to use protein (either from muscle or organs) but will instead use glucose (of coarse) then fatty acids in the blood, and stored fats for energy..

so the debate is if 300-400 cals of glycogen are what is stored around the liver, once that is used up due to activity/exertion, what level of energy/power is lost..

You see fat loss is not the desire in the study, but rather performance of the athlete..

High Intensive workouts (Hrt = 65% + capacity) in a glycogen deficit condition is not desirable, as performance will be effected, however low intensity workouts in a glycogen deficient condition are very desirable for fat loss given that the refeed, and subsequent caloric intake is limited to replenishing the daily requirements of the body only..

Top Bottom