Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Looking into possibly opening a cannibis dispensary here in Chicago

Mob or gang connections to source legally-sold pot?

I thought legalization was supposed to kill-off the illicit drug sources and bring the pot industry out of the shadows and into the sunlight.

What gives?

It's not going to happen overnight, but they'll get out of it once they realize their margins are way too low. Of course at first they're going to try to mucle people around to protect their cash cow. Right now though only medicinal weed is legal in most places so you haven't really touched the criminals revenue steams. Infct they try to get in on the growing to provide for the cannabis clubs. I'm not in favor of legalizing "every" drug, but certainly marijuana. There is zero reason for this to be illegal anymore.

One of the best reason for legalization is for hemp cultivation which is so environmentally positive, it could save the frickin world!

An acre of hemp can produce as much paper as 4 acres of trees.
An acre of hemp would absorb 4 times the CO2 of those trees.
Hemp is the most oil rich crop which can be used for food or biofuel.

Hemp fabric is a super material that could replace many petro based synthetics for many applications.

Hemp - for fuel, food, and fiber!

Hemp Facts

This, this and more of this. Hemp is way more interesting to me than marij.

1) Wouldn't potheads be very price-sensitive? I'm sure there are some rich potheads, but wouldn't the average pothead be lower than average income?

2) How would you even convey the quality/price relationship? I'd think in the absence of quality indicators, people would simply buy the cheapest (acceptable) product they can find.

That's what I'm thinking. If you get a ounce of weed for $30 (or whatever) - and sell for $40 - your competitor, who uses same source - can sell for $35 and undercut you. Or your supplier can see you making millions and say 'screw you' and partner with another guy to open up their own dispensary and undercut you. If the dispensary is making millions - the supplier better too or there's a big problem.

I wonder how 'accurate' some of these people in the industries and their claimed' figures' are? If they lie on their tax forms - they're in for some real bad times coming up.

you guys don't understand how picky potheads are and what connoisseurs these guys are. They know the quality of the weed by passing their hand over it jedi style. I'm seriously only half joking.

It's not going to happen overnight, but they'll get out of it once they realize their margins are way too low. Of course at first they're going to try to mucle people around to protect their cash cow. Right now though only medicinal weed is legal in most places so you haven't really touched the criminals revenue steams. Infct they try to get in on the growing to provide for the cannabis clubs. I'm not in favor of legalizing "every" drug, but certainly marijuana. There is zero reason for this to be illegal anymore.

You are right that if it was just legal across the board, it would be more effective at destroying the black market.

You are right that if it was just legal across the board, it would be more effective at destroying the black market.

only once people can basically grow it at home if they choose will it destroy the black market. If they hand out liscenses, of course the underground is going to want in on that. There will be stabbings and shootings for those liscenses if they're limited in number.

even in a market like that though you can still differentiate yourself enough to make a sizeable amount of money. People can home brew beer yet those companies aren't even remotely hurting for cash.

That's what I'm thinking. If you get a ounce of weed for $30 (or whatever) - and sell for $40 - your competitor, who uses same source - can sell for $35 and undercut you. Or your supplier can see you making millions and say 'screw you' and partner with another guy to open up their own dispensary and undercut you. If the dispensary is making millions - the supplier better too or there's a big problem.

I wonder how 'accurate' some of these people in the industries and their claimed' figures' are? If they lie on their tax forms - they're in for some real bad times coming up.

Looking at this convoluted logic, and the fact that your name is bakemeacookie, and I would guess you have been smoking tonight. :)

Supplier relations would be no different than in any other business. But you have to remember that a closet full of pot can be worth more than an acre of other crops. A small grow operation can supply a business. Which is part of the beauty of it. Unlike many other businesses where you have false choices between 2 cable companies, 4 airlines, 6 car companies, etc, the pot business is more like pure free market capitalism. Anyone can grow great pot, and hopefully corporate pot will never get a foothold.

Top Bottom