Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

LIPOKINETIX (the down and dirty info)

I thought he was discussing intentions (web page orders), not something he already had in place. I was anticipating this happening later.

I emailed Complete Muscle

he told me that he was working on it, and that he added me to his list.

try e-mailing him and ask him to put you on his email list, then you will be sure to know when he gets that operation underway

where did you get those bottles??????

did you just get them recently or did you stockpile before lipo was pulled?

just wondering if there's soemwhere to get it that I am not aware of.

apologies...

I experienced a death in my family last wednesday, so my whole life got put on hold a few days... I'm back in the saddle this week and should have my little web page within a few days. BTW the usnic acid is ordered and paid for and should be in my possession within a week. I'll keep everyone "posted".

Two abstracts on the topic

I did a search if PubMed and these were the only relevant abstracts I found. I don't think they are very helpful but you may want to read them regardless.

Lichen acids as uncouplers of oxidative phosphorylation of mouse-liver mitochondria.

Abo-Khatwa AN, al-Robai AA, al-Jawhari DA.

Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.

Three lichen acids-namely, (+)usnic acid, vulpinic acid, and atranorin-were isolated from three lichen species (Usnea articulata, Letharia vulpina, and Parmelia tinctorum, respectively). The effects of these lichen products on mice-liver mitochondrial oxidative functions in various respiratory states and on oxidative phosphorylation were studied polarographically in vitro. The lichen acids exhibited characteristics of the 2,4-dinitrophenol (DNP), a classical uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation. Thus, they released respiratory control and oligomycin inhibited respiration, hindered ATP synthesis, and enhanced Mg(+2)-ATPase activity. (+)Usnic acid at a concentration of 0.75 microM inhibited ADP/O ratio by 50%, caused maximal stimulation of both state-4 respiration (100%) and ATPase activity (300%). Atranorin was the only lichen acid with no significant effect on ATPase. The uncoupling effect was dose-dependent in all cases. The minimal concentrations required to cause complete uncoupling of oxidative phosphorylation were as follows: (+)usnic acid (1 microM), vulpinic acid, atranorin (5 microM) and DNP (50 microM). It was postulated that the three lichen acids induce uncoupling by acting on the inner mitochondrial membrane through their lipophilic properties and protonophoric activities.

PMID: 8726330 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Mitodepressive, clastogenic and biochemical effects of (+)-usnic acid in mice.

al-Bekairi AM, Qureshi S, Chaudhry MA, Krishna DR, Shah AH.

Experimental Animal Care Centre, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

Mice were treated orally with aqueous suspensions of (+)-usnic acid in a single dose of either 100 or 200 mg/kg. The effects on femur cells and proteins and on nucleic acids of liver cells were studied 24-72 h after treatment. (+)-Usnic acid was found to affect the proliferation of polychromatic erythrocytes possibly by interference with RNA biosynthesis. The slight increase in the micronucleated polychromatic erythrocytes without affecting DNA synthesis suggests an effect of usnic acid on spindle apparatus.

PMID: 1833591 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Findings on Usnic Acid.....way cool!!!

If your confused by the abstracts above your have every right to be. Here is a report by a respectable M.D. James Shoemaker Houston, Texas.

The Great things about Usnic Acid they don't tell you.

Usnic acid being a uncoupler means also that it's a lipophilic moietie that interacts at the level of mammalian mitochondria which decreases the efficiency of energy utilization, ie., more calories are utilized to perform any given biologic function... The real beauty here is that uncouplers (Usnic acid) utilize fat as the dominant source of calories (95% from fat, 3% from carbs and 2% from protein (want to get rid of the brown fat...here ya go!)

In respect to health issues, modern medical studies prove that it has positive effects on diseases that are sensitive to heat, in large doses many bacteria, fungi, parasites, viruses and yep...cancer, cannot tolerate it and are stopped in there tracks.

Another fact is that uncouplers (Usnic acid) have not been found to be clastogenic, in other words they are Ames test negative and do not cause mutations.

There have been over 258 published abstracts on lichen acids and 61 on Usnic acid, Usnic acid has NOT been reported to have any irreversible side effects.....wow

In fact Usnic unlike other drugs such as the well know ephedra products have intrinsic levels of safety because excess dosage cause increased heat and act as a warning, the others allow your body to overheat without warning (basically you find out too late)

Reports have indicated that Usnic acid is the only available herbal ingrediant to show increase thermogenesis on a prolonged basis unlike ephedra products which simply suppress appetite and in turn slows metabolism and heat production.

In short guys this stuff is pratically a miracle in the finding and the supplemental companies that produce all the shit out there don't want us to know cause this stuff will bankrupt them.

Don't beleive me, you do the research, better yet as Huck, he's a living testament to the stuff.

:D :D :D

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/ironman/nutrition/fatburning_firestorm.htm

I was reading a little about usnic acid as i am interested in it, and i found this url which reads:

"We had suspected that the pure usnic acid would be superior to the Kombucha extract, but the usnic acid did not work at all—no increase in metabolic rate. After that we were a little disappointed and didn’t expect much from the Kombucha. Upon testing the Kombucha, however, we were all quite shocked to find exactly what we were hoping for—a distinct and noticeable increase in BMR."

I was just curious if this is accurate, or would it still be beneficial to order some of the pure stuff

Good point!

Funny....I read that same column a couple of days ago and found it quite interesting, I wonder how much is factual? One thing that did stand out was that truth in comparing DNP to usnic acid, DNP is MUCH more effective and probably the best thing available, you can read many threads of users here to back this up. I believe it's like many drugs out there, it depends on the amount used and the fact that everyone reacts differently to these substances, you just got to try it and see what happens.

I do however find it hard to beleive that there studies show no rise in the metabolic rate with pure usnic acid.

I'm still curious though about the pure usnic acid vs. the Kombucha..........anybody???????

I'm on +/- 6 tabsof Lipo a day for a week and a half now.

Seems to be working pretty well, I am getting leaner (however, I am also on fina 75mg ed).

My body is starting to itch quite a bit, very strange. Is this a know side effect?

Top Bottom