Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lifting at a bad time?

tmayzin

I currently work weird hours (usually 8pm to 4am). Unfortunately i feel the most energized after work so i like to hit the gym then. I still usually eat about 6 meals a day, but i am working out at 5 am, going to bed at 7, and sleeping until 3pm. I am the slimmer type, who is trying to add add add. I'm assuming my workout time is bad, but how bad?

should i just forget about lifting after work and lift when i wake up?? Any imput is great. These hours are new to me, and so i have only been doing this for about a month, so i am not sure about the changes.

if you have the most energy at this time, do it then.. We all lift at different times because of our schedules. and if this is the time you have the most energy, go for it man! Not to mention the fact it's not crowded during these hours

I lift midday around 12.30. In my country this time of year the temperature is 45 degrees celsius. Just think how hot it is and diffifult to do a deadlift with all this heat. But its the only time i can to lift.

I see no problem with your schedule. So long as you are eating a proper pwo meal and then a big breakfast you should be fine.

You schedule looks alot like mine except i go to work either 9, 10 or 11pm.

Go ahead and do it when you come out of work just get your diet straight and the rest of it will fall into place. Sometimes i'll go to the gym twice in the same day, once before bed and another about one hour or so after waking up.

Don't make big deal out of it as long as you train, eat and sleep it's all good!

Don't know why your assuming your workout time is bad? Additionally its a good thing to go when you have the most energy and to go at the same time everyday.

Are you shifting or working straight graveyard? I am experienced in shiftwork. It stalled my lifts big time and even racked up a shoulder injury trying to push it when I should have just maintained.

I coulod see it either way, if your getting that second wind when the sun comes up go for it. I was the opposite, had to rush home to get to sleep. Then I woke up so fuzzy headed I couldn't lift so I reserved working out for my days off. The most important thing is quality sleep. If your sleeping for 8 hours straight during the day, you should be GTG.

Keep on the diet and blackout those windows...very important.

Top Bottom