Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg training problems- DESPARATELY NEED HELP PLEASE!

Jon.W.

High End Bro
Platinum
Recently I have realised how mentally weak I am, I have stopped doing squats and I barely make it through a deadlift session. I was training my legs for a few months regularly since I got my bench with no real concerns, but in the past few weeks I have started to become scared of leg day, but I am even more scared of having small legs,- It's not going to happen!! I have a few questions that I need answered by u cool guys:
1. When I deadlift (20 reps a set) I start to feel an aching pain at the bottom of my back at the 15 rep stage, what is it caused by and how can I stop it?
2. How important is it to use a barbell with no weight to get the squat and deadlift form down before I start properly lifting( cus I haven't done this).
3. Will I be safe to start squatting again seeing as I have no power rack and I am doing it in my bedroom? Cus when I lift it off my shoulders after a set it feels like I could break my neck with a wrong move.
4. Are seated calf raises need aswell as standing ones to fully develop the lower leg,- when i try sitting ones at home they dont work and they are too uncomfortable (i.e. painful).
5. Very often now, whether i'm in bed or it's the daytime, I feel and hear this clicking/crunching sound at the top of my spine when i move it around a bit, this is scaring the shit out of me, is it because of using bad form in an exercise?

I know I've pissed and moaned but I can't afford to lose the will to train my legs when i've hardly got started, I will really appreciate any help!

I don't have the answers to all your questions, but I'll try to help.

1. One problem with dealifting for that many reps is, the deadlift involves many small muscles as well as large ones. Obviously the small ones will fatigue prior to the larger ones, thus causing poor form, and or injury.

2. As far as form is concerned, personally I feel that is the most important component of any lift.

3. I really am not sure about this, as I do not know how much space you have in your room. You could try and replace the traditional squat by using free weight hack squats.

4. Seated calf raises, or any bent knee movement develops the soleus, as opposed to straight leg calf movements, that develop the gastrocnemius.

5. As far as clicking and crunching in the spine goes, get it checked out. It could be something as simple as being out of alignment, or something as serious as a ruptured disc. Any way better safe then sorry.

Hope this information is helpful, good luck.

You are doing too many reps on deadlifts, the deadlift is a powerlift and is better at low reps(4-8).
DO NOT squat if you dont have a squat rack, if i were you i would just go down the local gym, the equiptment is better, you can ask people for advice and train with a partener, so your training is much better.

Go out and buy a weights belt to support the lower back.
before doing deadlifts, do some hyperextensions and stretch for about 5 minutes(same on squat days)
Try asking someone at your gym to watch you perform each movement and ask for them to tell you what you are doing wrong, no one can tell you unless they see you do them. saying that, dont ask anyone, ask someone who knows what they are on about!

GO to the doctor's about the clicking, take his advice, no one on here(unless a doctor can inform you about that)

the only way you will get big legs is if you squat and work them!
try dropping the weight right down and perfect each of the lifts form, yes it is very important.
when you have got the form down, work up to doing your bodyweight in each lift and dont get greedy, form is more important than weight, lift with your body, not your ego!!

GOOD LUCK

Top Bottom