Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Laptop stolen..everything gone.. everything

ChefWide said:
oh maybe maybe not... might just be the wake up call i needed, right?

with all this horse shit i have been standing in, there MUST be a pony around here SOMEPLACE!

:LMAO:
LOL one good thing about not backing stuff up is it teaches you not to make that mistake again it is a very painful one.

did you lose it in a gym in wash dc ? wonder if the guy at the desk saw who swiped it from your bag....feel for ya, one of the two things that you hate to lose, laptop or cellphone.

Heck golds where i train at, last year someone swiped my freaking Champion sweatshirt and replaced it w/one from Kohls Sonoma...is that f'ed up or what...

I would do what mightmouse69 said. Get a list of all the people that entered the gym the two hours prior to your workout. I would also find out who checked in right around that time. Call them and see if they remember seeing someone leave with a laptop. That is not an every day item to see someone with at the gym
Go into the phone book and find all the pawn shops in the local area. Head down to them with a print out of what your laptop looks like. Tell them it was stolen. Give them you contact info.
File a police report also.
On your poster mention "no questions asked" if the laptop is returned to you.

that sucks chef. i know how it feels when my hard drive crashed. but adding the loss of the laptop to a thief does make it worse but i do feel some of your pain. i hope they have security cameras. my gym does and the employees hate it cause the owner sits at home on the internet and watch's them and then calls when they are sitting around doing nothing.

but hopefully they have the thief on camera. good luck and if you catch em, call me ill help remedy the situation...

i got a dell laptop with a cracked screen ill give you for free if you want it..

its less than a year old too.. pm me if you want it.. just need you to send me like 10 bucks for shipping so it gives me some incintive to get off my ass and go ship it lol.. :)

slat1 said:
I would do what mightmouse69 said. 1 Get a list of all the people that entered the gym the two hours prior to your workout. I would also find out who checked in right around that time. Call them and see if they remember seeing someone leave with a laptop. That is not an every day item to see someone with at the gym
2 Go into the phone book and find all the pawn shops in the local area. Head down to them with a print out of what your laptop looks like. Tell them it was stolen. Give them you contact info.
3 File a police report also.
4 On your poster mention "no questions asked" if the laptop is returned to you.

Thanks mon, good advice, all done already but good just the same thanks

1. Sadly, its a very big Golds, and in the two hour space in rush hour over 200 people were in and out...

2. The cop that filed the report for me had me call in the serial numbers from my receipts, they auto contact all the 'registered' pawn shops, the sad part is that if this was a pro, that matters not, but if it was some schmuck, it might work.

3. See above

4 Did that, exactly, no questions asked, just meet me anywhere you like and exchange and walk away.

Its gone, I have my health and family and a few great supportive friends, this is just a bad thing that will, i hope, not get worse and just be a hiccup at lifes table. So it goes.

make sure you checking on ebay for listings of your laptop in your area..

Top Bottom