Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kickbackzz, Pec Deckzz, and Flyezz

Protobuilder said:
You wear a suit and carry yellow legal pads to your first day of law school.

The suit should be 2-3 sizes to small and torn in any area that sticks out. Maybe some ketchup stains down the front..

That power clean is sick - so thats from the floor up to the clavical and down into a front squat or do you just catch them up top. I'm thinking w/ that much weight you have to get down to catch it??

al420 said:
That power clean is sick - so thats from the floor up to the clavical and down into a front squat or do you just catch them up top. I'm thinking w/ that much weight you have to get down to catch it??

They were power cleaned, caught high...I am gonna be honest and admitt that the 330x1 I kind of did the 'football player' catch with my feet a little wider than they should have been, but nothing too excessive..........I haven't squat cleaned in a few months, I should be able to use more in the squat clean than the power version (as would anyone), but I'd have to readjust to the timing.

Perhaps you should look into competing soon. If you CJ 180kgs, in any class, I would say it's competitive.

In my experience with peaking, dropping intensity at least with the olympic lifts have never worked. The efficiency of the motor pattern - the "feel" of heavy weights, and the pure explosive ability must be maintained by lifting heavy. The only way to peak is to drop volume and then adjust intensity by feel.

I don't have the discipline or understanding yet to control the peaks, it's really hard. Sometimes I'd hit the weights heavy as hell for 3-4 days, maxing out every day, then feel awesome and hit PRs on the fifth day. Other times, I'll taper and then it's like I've been away from heavy weights for so long when it comes time to lift, my legs are gone.

So far, it looks like one or two heavy sessions 5-6 days out is perfect, then in the tapering 5-6 days, slashing volume and cutting intensity to 70-80%, focussing on speed and explosiveness (ie: power moves).

Busy weekend......I'll be working out tonight. Weight's down to 254-ish. Ate an ungodly amount of Sushi last night.

For anyone who was keeping up w/ his log, I talked to JKurz last night for a little bit, he pulled mid-300's last week and did some front squats last night and then went to Sunday dinner w/ family where he was to do some big eating, just thought I'd let everyone who was following along know he's doing good.

Monday 12/18/06

I weighed in at 253, I am going to unload my squat and pull a little because I feel like I got run over by a train.

Front Squat: 135x5, 135x5, 225x5, 275x5x5

Decline Press: 135x15, 225x5, 275x5, 315x5, 350x5, 385x5 ....I heart declines, I had a lot left in the tank at 385, 4 plates x 5 next week.

Incline Dumbell Press: 95's x 4 sets of 12

Triceps pushdowns: 3 sets of 15, I am not gonna mention weight as I think it is just plain old silly to do so, lol

oh yeah....do to a jam packed weekend coming up and not being able to train Fri and Sat, I am lifting Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs this week with squats/presses on Mon/Wed and pulls on Tues/Thurs.

Top Bottom