Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

keeping muscles

sherrythg

if i stop weight training but i eat right(1g protein per pound of bodyweight) will i be able to keep my muscle?

sherrythg said:
if i stop weight training but i eat right(1g protein per pound of bodyweight) will i be able to keep my muscle?

Well, your muscles don't go anywhere, they just lose hypertrophy :)

The vets on the board are more qualified (and I suspect this is one of those "your mileage may vary" sort of things), but when I go on vacation if I don't keep up with some sort of regular weight workouts I notice my arms start to lose definition and size within 10 days or so. I'm long limbed, so it's tough for me to get any bulk on my arms to begin with, and it's the first place that goes down.

You will lose definition and size. The only thing that will keep muscles looking the way they do when weight lifting is actually lifting weights.

MuscleMom said:
Well, your muscles don't go anywhere, they just lose hypertrophy :)

The vets on the board are more qualified (and I suspect this is one of those "your mileage may vary" sort of things), but when I go on vacation if I don't keep up with some sort of regular weight workouts I notice my arms start to lose definition and size within 10 days or so. I'm long limbed, so it's tough for me to get any bulk on my arms to begin with, and it's the first place that goes down.

I'm the very same way.
:rolleyes:

Except my quads - GOD - it took years for them to shrink (yes that's what I wanted)

Top Bottom