Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

kdc1023's beast log.

Yeah of course we can help man! What are your overall goals with the beast man? What's your body supposed to look like?

Well as of yesterday I was 183lbs. I wanna get to 200lbs lean. I'm 6'2" and I do have a basketball season coming up in a month for my city's recreation league. I'd like to stay lean but still be able to throw people around;). My goals are too increase my vert and increase my strength all over. So far I think I'm on the right track but I definitley don't mind some input at all seeing as you can jump out of the damn gym.

Well as of yesterday I was 183lbs. I wanna get to 200lbs lean. I'm 6'2" and I do have a basketball season coming up in a month for my city's recreation league. I'd like to stay lean but still be able to throw people around;). My goals are too increase my vert and increase my strength all over. So far I think I'm on the right track but I definitley don't mind some input at all seeing as you can jump out of the damn gym.

Got ya man. Well I just put on about twenty pounds myself, and it definately impacts your jumping/overal mobility. This is my 2cents on how you can put on the most muscle/weight and loose the minimal amount of athletisism.

#1: Diet
Stay as clean as humanly possible. Stay away from lactose. I know a lot of guys say it's ok to use but I find it hinderes athletic performance as far as my breathing is concerned plus it makes inflamation worse. This is just a small point though. Much bigger is take in really high quality really lean protein scources. Try not to take in too many carbs unless you are doing small refeeds. This will help you in point #2

#2: Training
Cardio/Lifting. The cardio I do Has to do two things. Make me breath more efficiently and Put me in a anerobic state as quickly and as long as possible so I can Burn more cals/fat and actually promote muscle growth as much as possible. My two favorite choices for this are Swimming(Really makes my lungs utalize oxygen more efficiently cause you can only breath when you head is out of the water.) I make sure pretty much all of the laps I do are 80-100% all out max. My other go-to cardio option is Sprints. Sprints do a couple of things. They Improve your overal quickness due to the stimulation and growth of Type 2a and b muscle fibers(Fast Twitch) They Directly affect the vertical cause of this. They are awesome for the elasticity development of your main jumping muscles. Butt, and Hip Flexors. They also are incredibly anerobic, and you will notice extreme amounts of fat loss from doing 30-100 yd sprints 3 times a week.

The Only leg excersizes I do are Squats, Cleans, Power Lunges, and anything else that is a 3chain movement. I lift to get the symmetry of a bodybuilder and the athletisism of a pro athelete. I've been able through the years through these diet upgrades and updated training methods to maintain the 38" vert even though I've gone up 40lbs in weight. I hope some of this helped. I just hope that going up twenty pounds you understand that your vertical will go down unless you train right and eat healthy. I wish you the best my friend. Let me know if you need anything more that will make you a better athelete! Just PM if you do.

Squats have helped my vertical I can jump 20 ft now verses 2 ft before I took a cycle of jumpadrol with heightenbolan JK keep up the hard work

Squats have helped my vertical I can jump 20 ft now verses 2 ft before I took a cycle of jumpadrol with heightenbolan JK keep up the hard work

I'm tellin ya right here right now, if N2 decides to develop something that could really make me jump higher I would buy it faster than that Hemaphrodite from South Africa can run! I will be touchin 12'6" Instead of 11'6"

You could try jumping squats. That's the only way I know how to describe it. I think its amazing for explosive speed and jumping. Last year around the Super Bowl I saw a training session with Troy Polamalu. I absolutely despise the Steelers (I live in Baltimore), but I will give props where they are due and Troy is an exceptional athlete. Not good, not great, he's exceptional (I won't get into a big Ed Reed vs. Polamalu debate). The guy is quick, explosive, amazing athletics.

Anyway his trainer had him doing what looked like jumping squats to aid in his leg explosiveness. The way I saw Troy do them was on what looked like a standing calf raise machine (don't know if it was modified or not), you could also do this on the smith machine. It wasn't a lot of weight, but he would get low, thighs about parallel with the floor, and then push up and at the top of the squat movement, jump off the ground. It wasn't a "jump as high as you can" type jump; his feet came maybe 6-8 inches off the ground (guesstimating)

Anyway seems like it would be good for vert and overall leg explosiveness.

I'm at work so I can't search youtube for a vid of troy training, but I'm sure its probably on there.

You could try jumping squats. That's the only way I know how to describe it. I think its amazing for explosive speed and jumping. Last year around the Super Bowl I saw a training session with Troy Polamalu. I absolutely despise the Steelers (I live in Baltimore), but I will give props where they are due and Troy is an exceptional athlete. Not good, not great, he's exceptional (I won't get into a big Ed Reed vs. Polamalu debate). The guy is quick, explosive, amazing athletics.

Anyway his trainer had him doing what looked like jumping squats to aid in his leg explosiveness. The way I saw Troy do them was on what looked like a standing calf raise machine (don't know if it was modified or not), you could also do this on the smith machine. It wasn't a lot of weight, but he would get low, thighs about parallel with the floor, and then push up and at the top of the squat movement, jump off the ground. It wasn't a "jump as high as you can" type jump; his feet came maybe 6-8 inches off the ground (guesstimating)

Anyway seems like it would be good for vert and overall leg explosiveness.

I'm at work so I can't search youtube for a vid of troy training, but I'm sure its probably on there.

You are exactly right, EXCEPTIONAL athelete

I love jump squats if you can do them controlled. If not, too many things can go wrong. I like doing them on a Super Kat machine. I also used to do them on a Machine Karch Krialy invented (it's basically a big board that has a belt that you attach different tension bands too. Good suggestion FT! Completely forgot about that one. OH remembered a really good one. Weighted Sled Bear Crawls. Prolly the most hated of all excersizes!!!

Alright guys thanks for the tips I'm gunna try the jump squats out. Today is my day off from work so I'm in no rush to get to the gym I'm just relaxing, eating, showering taking my vitamins. Ill be back on after my workout.

Had a great back and bi workout today. Pumps with the Dermacrine, jack3d and beastdrol mix are getting pretty insane. My weight is almost up to 185lbs so far. I did alot of cardio today after the gym playin basketball and I tend to lose a pound or two because of it. Went pretty heavy today with deadlifts and my back was pumpin pretty hard. My muscles are starting to get really full and hard I'm definitley loving it so far and I'm only 4 days in. Well I'm pretty tired so I'm gunna hit the sack I'll be back on tommarow.

Top Bottom