Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i've been down the past little while... and i've skipped the gym

hi smallmovesal - This happens to me sometimes. Sometimes it's because I get sick, or I'm travelling or something but I always return feeling very refreshed.

I wouldn't worry about missing a couple of weeks. Start off slowly again and don't push it or else you'll get injured or sick.

Sometimes you just need a break - whether it's for physical or emotional reasons (or both).

Sometimes your body needs the break, it is good to take a week or 2 break here and there, to let your body rest as well as your MIND..It takes a toll on you....and you must take the time to refocus and find your motivation again. Do not become fustrated or upset when this happens...set new goals and start your training out in a different way...Maybe change your routine a little and the time you train. Also treat yourself to a day of just pampering for you...like sleeping in and getting a massage etc etc. You deserve it every now and then. Its easy to get really caught up in training and eating....then you tend to burn out. You want to be in this long term, so allow yourself breaks, and find what you need to change in order to get back into it again....we all go through it.. I took a lil break, still trained but wasnt really into it, diet wasnt there either...but now i am even more ready to go now and more focused then ever....just needed to let go for a while:)

great suggestions gettinbig...
when I feel this coming on, I allow myself the break & think up ways to vary the routine, maybe look some different exercises, new tunes or reading for cardio when returning to training....I believe we sometimes play up the break too big in our minds that we will lose the 'edge' on present body condition- when the body, mind & spirit really does need a break.
Time off can be so refreshing if we let it.

everyone needs a break now and then... just concentrate on improving your state of mind right now... no sence going to the gym in a mental haze and hurting yourself... do something else interesting... enjoy the summer while its here... bike, rollerblade, walk, swim, jog... whatever... get outside and move, you'll start feeling better about yourself and be actually up and moving around again... from there, just ease back into it...

don't bother keeping it happening, its part of life and you can't keep life from happening... chances are when you get back to it (AND YOU WILL!!!) you'll be more refreshed, stronger and able to do more... you can't beat yourself, just take some time off and enjoy it!!!

Keep your chin up girl. Being able to lift and train is about the only thing that has kept me going lately. These past 2 weeks have felt like my entire life has crashed upon me and if I didn't have the gym to look forward to...I don't know what I'd do...

B True

b fold the truth said:
Keep your chin up girl. Being able to lift and train is about the only thing that has kept me going lately. These past 2 weeks have felt like my entire life has crashed upon me and if I didn't have the gym to look forward to...I don't know what I'd do...

B True
wow... i feel the same Btrue.. the gym is my outlet.. my sanity!!! ur not alone on that one. i read a post of urs a few days ago.. u were bummed about breaking up w/ ur girl right? hang in there!! were u also the same guy who is a christian? im not sure if that was u...but either way.. u seem like a sweet guy.. there ARE girls out there that like sweet guys too. Btrue!! oh..BTW.. where ya from? -- Small --- awwww... dont kill urself over this i do this all the time.... and i feel like whats the point of ever going back..ive messed up big time already. butttt.. then i wip out my muscle mags or now..come onto elite and look at all the pics and all the dedication... and i see my goals again... thats my motivation!!! just dust urself off and keep goin girl!!:D

bfold also lost a very close friend recently... hope your hanging on w/o your little buddy... dedicating every workout to her?

take care

Phemomena said:
bfold also lost a very close friend recently... hope your hanging on w/o your little buddy... dedicating every workout to her?

take care
OMG... i didnt see that post.. im very sorry!!:( ill keep u in my thoughts:angel:

Top Bottom