Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is being over 220lbs achievable without steroids? Please read

This is the last post-REALLY :p

You said after 2-3 months,your weight gain will slow down to <0.5lbs a week.
At that point, do you know if you're adding mass if weight gain doesn't budge much/you can't see or measure your physique difference due to the weight not adding?

Do you go by your strength increase?

With regards to strength, I want to be strong as well as big. My 5RMs are:

Overhead Press- 100kg/220lbs
Upright Row-100kg/220lbs
Bench Press- 150kg/330lbs
Hack Squat- 150kg/330lbs
Barbell Row- 125kg/275lbs
Deadlift- 200kg/440lbs
Hack Squat- 200kg/440lbs

They don't seem v.heavy do they? They achievable? Atm I can only Overhead Press is 30kg/66lbs for 6, Incline (don't do Flat Bench atm on account of moobs) 40kg/88lbs for 4, Deadlift and Hack Squat 70kg/154lbs for 3, Barbell Row 40kg/88lbs for 6.
^Trebling strength is possible? I'll be doing Rippetoes/5x5 like programs

I hope you don't think i'm trolling-i'm just unclear about some bodybuilding science since many muscle magazines (M&F,Musclemag,Flex) don't write much/cover up how much one can really add.

Re: This is the last post-REALLY :p

You said after 2-3 months,your weight gain will slow down to <0.5lbs a week.
At that point, do you know if you're adding mass if weight gain doesn't budge much/you can't see or measure your physique difference due to the weight not adding?

Do you go by your strength increase?

With regards to strength, I want to be strong as well as big. My 5RMs are:

Overhead Press- 100kg/220lbs
Upright Row-100kg/220lbs
Bench Press- 150kg/330lbs
Hack Squat- 150kg/330lbs
Barbell Row- 125kg/275lbs
Deadlift- 200kg/440lbs
Hack Squat- 200kg/440lbs

They don't seem v.heavy do they? They achievable? Atm I can only Overhead Press is 30kg/66lbs for 6, Incline (don't do Flat Bench atm on account of moobs) 40kg/88lbs for 4, Deadlift and Hack Squat 70kg/154lbs for 3, Barbell Row 40kg/88lbs for 6.
^Trebling strength is possible? I'll be doing Rippetoes/5x5 like programs

I hope you don't think i'm trolling-i'm just unclear about some bodybuilding science since many muscle magazines (M&F,Musclemag,Flex) don't write much/cover up how much one can really add.

Okay your goals are good but take out upright row if you get to 220x5 you'll likely have torn rotary cuffs. Also that overhead press is a high goal. Start with lower goals have those as goals for years from now

NO ONE can accurately tell you what your genetic potential is. NO ONE. However, it is my belief that the majority of people that are say 5'10 to 6' will probably be able to get to a lean 220 if they are willing to train right. Who knows, you might get to 240. NO one knows. But 220lbs at 5'10" is not unrealistic for most people.

This guy right here would know probably better than anyone on here so far. He has worked with and developed probably hundreds of athletes like he is describing.

Thank you, Glenn. :)

I think 0.5-1 inch doesn't seem unrealistic-I tell you why, I added 0.5-1 inch to my calves after training them hard/specifically with high protein diet/calf isolation work/cycling (literal cycling) for 1 and a half-2 months

I think he may have pumped them with Esiclene but do you really think you're calves won't grow when you train them in isolation for the first time PROPERLY-not just 3-4 sets of Standing/Seated Calf Raises (I doubt he trained Calves at all)?

The man was doing raises with over 1000lbs! He even had people sit on his back for Donkey Raises and people stand on the Calf Raise machine. He even did lots of running/cycling for cardio and staggered sets/very high volume.

The man did high volume (multiple and staggered sets, cardio) and heavy weight (all the plates on the machine)

I think his Calves must've grew AT LEAST an inch without Esiclene/ half an inch if he didn't roid at all-if I can get over 0.5" with newb gains, i'm sure Arnie could.

I could believe 1 inch in a year or maybe a little over but 2 inches, especially as it meant taking his weakest bodypart and making it a strength is hard to believe he did it just by incorperating calf raises to his routine lol

Okay your goals are good but take out upright row if you get to 220x5 you'll likely have torn rotary cuffs. Also that overhead press is a high goal. Start with lower goals have those as goals for years from now

The problem is I love Upright Rows and it pains me NOT doing them-I can feel awesome pumps in my biceps,shoulders and top of my traps.

If you add less than 0.5lbs a week to lean mass (or even overall), that means your bodypart size is unlikely to increase. Will your continuing strength increases indicate you're adding muscle?

At the end of the day, my original goal was 220 overall but now my ultimate target is 200lbs overall (IF that's possible). My minimum goal is 180lbs.

By the way, you guys are much much friendlier than those at T-Nation and Bodyspace.

all these computer models, and other bullshit is just that. You are WAY over thinking this thing!!!! Go lift hard and heavy, eat big (good high protein meals), do a little cardio (but not too much) just to keep fat in check, and put on some muscle. You're wasting time contemplating this and making it seem like such a big deal. Just go DO IT. There's already plenty of info on these boards and plenty of people to help you get what you want.

The problem is I love Upright Rows and it pains me NOT doing them-I can feel awesome pumps in my biceps,shoulders and top of my traps.

If you add less than 0.5lbs a week to lean mass (or even overall), that means your bodypart size is unlikely to increase. Will your continuing strength increases indicate you're adding muscle?

At the end of the day, my original goal was 220 overall but now my ultimate target is 200lbs overall (IF that's possible). My minimum goal is 180lbs.

By the way, you guys are much much friendlier than those at T-Nation and Bodyspace.

Lol t-nation has some enjoyable articles and there is good advice there but it is more of an entertainment forum. I have an account over there with maybe 50 posts and most of the time answers are just "stick it in her pooper" or something like that lol! They are into lifting over there and there's some strong fuckers but it's mostly for entertainment.

As for the
"If you add less than 0.5lbs a week to lean mass (or even overall), that means your bodypart size is unlikely to increase. Will your continuing strength increases indicate you're adding muscle?"

That's false. Imagine you add .3 lbs of lean muscle every week. You do that for 30 weeks and you've got 10 pounds of new muscle mass. Most likely it's not going to be like that though, you'll gain a couple pounds a week in the begining (muscle, water, and fat), then it will taper down

if you really wanna do them I would do them at the end of a heavy pressing workout, mostly for some higher reps like 12-18. Going heavy on them every so often is ok but its another one of those risky exercises, so its your choice wether you do them or not.

Here is what Mark Rippetoe says about rows:

My opinion about barbell rows is as follows: fuck barbell rows. Really. Fuck them. Stop wasting time worrying about barbell rows and get your deadlift up to 500. By then you'll have your own opinion and you won't have to worry about mine.

B-

Here is what Mark Rippetoe says about rows:

My opinion about barbell rows is as follows: fuck barbell rows. Really. Fuck them. Stop wasting time worrying about barbell rows and get your deadlift up to 500. By then you'll have your own opinion and you won't have to worry about mine.

B-

Great quote!

Dumbell rows is a different story though :evil:

Top Bottom