Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is being over 220lbs achievable without steroids? Please read

ronki23

What I would like to know is if I can get to 200lbs in lean mass/add another 10-15lbs of pure muscle (not fluid)-I would like to have 20-30lbs fat throughout the year.
^^Would a 220-230lb physique be achievable with a year/year and a half of training? I would like to build it through powerlifting/Rippetoes/5X5 2 times a week and once a week i'd like to do Olympic lifting. That way i'll be big,strong and POWERFUL!

I would like to start proper bodybuilding (dedication to gym only) in 2012/2013 (if the world hasn't ended by then!!!). Atm not only do I have University but I have a year of kickboxing tournaments ahead of me and the year after, I would like to try out Judo tournaments. If i'm satisfied i'll start bodybuilding properly/if not, i'll do 2-3 MMA fights (a loooonnnnggg way of that!).
^Hopefully I should be no heavier than 190 by 2012 if I do enough martial arts

Is 220-230lbs achievable without steroids/creatine? What about 240-250 (another 5lbs pure muscle)-is that achievable?

P.S. I have Gujarati/Indian genes-they suck!

Depends on your stats

I'm 5'8"

I'm also 210 lbs pretty lean...it took me all my life to get here

but thats because im only 5'8"

lmfao if your genes suk ull be luky to acheieve 200 pounds lean

220 pounds lean u will never achieve without steroids unless ur VERY geneticaly gifted, and even then this is a struggle

im basing this on the fact u arent taller then 5'11, obviously if your 6'4 tall then that bodyweight would be possible since ur a tall mother fuker

How can you tell the mass ceiling when you're at a certain height?

I'll be happy to be 180-190lbs PURE lean e.g. no water. I'm just wondering how people can tell that I can only add X muscle at under 6 ft (i'm 20 years old and 5'10" btw).

Is there a link I can see regarding it?

When I bulk, I add 1.5-2lbs a week. In 6 weeks I added 10lbs lean mass (4-6 being water), I added 2.5g fat alongside (177lbs to 189.5lbs in 6 weeks)

Genetic Potential

I would like to know if the Martin Berkhan Genetic Potential Model is a good yardstick to measure with though.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...potential.html

Height in centimeters – 100 = upper limit of weight in kilograms in contest shape (5% bodyfat,5-10lbs water weight not factored in).

It says that I will come in 165-170lbs contest shape. That means between 186.5 and 197lbs hydrated/with 15% bodyfat.

^^Never being able to get to 200lbs and lean depresses me as much as the fact i'll have less than 180lbs lean mass :(

it depends how fat you will let yourself get too. 220 would be easy at like 15% bodyfat but 220 @ 8% bodyfat is totally differant

who cares what people say anyway if someoen tells you no you will never get to 220lbs that shouldnt mean you just give up!

I am roughly 6' 1" @ 270 lbs and hover between 15-18% bf. If I cut, I think I could get down to 240 lbs @ 10% or less. However, that would probably cost me a shit ton of strength. In my world mass is everything too.

For example, you can take two guys who can lift equal 1RM's of any lift and one is 250 & the other is 300. When it comes time to pull a truck, the bigger guy will win out since he has more mass to move things with.

B-

I'll be happy to be 180-190lbs PURE lean e.g. no water. I'm just wondering how people can tell that I can only add X muscle at under 6 ft (i'm 20 years old and 5'10" btw).

Is there a link I can see regarding it?

NO ONE can accurately tell you what your genetic potential is. NO ONE. However, it is my belief that the majority of people that are say 5'10 to 6' will probably be able to get to a lean 220 if they are willing to train right. Who knows, you might get to 240. NO one knows. But 220lbs at 5'10" is not unrealistic for most people.

Top Bottom