Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is being over 220lbs achievable without steroids? Please read

I would say 3-4 years of training those goals are attainable. I have been lifting for almost 2yrs and I'm close to some of those goals. Shoulders, upright row and bench are a diff story.

Those numbers aren't all that big. Did he have a timeframe? Was he planning in reaching those goals in 12 weeks or 12 years? lol.

No not at all I would consider them moderately strong but the thing is he is 145 pounds and here he says:

They don't seem v.heavy do they? They achievable? Atm I can only Overhead Press is 30kg/66lbs for 6, Incline (don't do Flat Bench atm on account of moobs) 40kg/88lbs for 4, Deadlift and Hack Squat 70kg/154lbs for 3, Barbell Row 40kg/88lbs for 6.
^Trebling strength is possible? I'll be doing Rippetoes/5x5 like programs

With those lifts and his weight it is going to take a long time if ever to naturally get to those numbers and 220 pounds

Last edited:
No not at all I would consider them moderately strong but the thing is he is 145 pounds and here he says:

With those lifts and his weight it is going to take a long time if ever to naturally get to those numbers and 220 pounds

ah yes. well, he could do it naturally, but it will take a lot of eating, proper training and dedication.

Lol I can't wait to see that in your log man a 700 deadlift will be so cool!!!!!!! Barbell rows suck but I do like db rows.

As for that guys goals he obviosuly should set those as lifetime goals. For now he needs to just focus on:

Bench: 135x10
Deadlift: 225x5
Military press: 95x5

Shit those are standards a lot of people can do without lifting get to those before you worry about benching 330x5 reps!

BTW thatbloke do you realize with those goals he wasnt just talking about 1 rep with each of those numbers he was talking about getting 330x5 bench, 440x5 deadlift, and 275x5 barbell row! Lmao!

Don't mean to bump but am looking back and i've achieved those above.

Have finished my studies at University; during the semesters I do martial arts (kickboxing,judo and wrestling) but in the summer I get 3-4 months to train and diet properly.

In 2013 I have only been doing wrestling and push ups/sit ups/squats during the 3 month period I wasn't doing martial arts. I could do 20 press ups on my fists/6 on my fingers. Been doing 100s for several months.

My best lifts were August 2012 (end of May-end of Aug)

Squat: 185 x 5 and 220 1RM
Deadlift: 185 x 5 and 220 1RM
Bench: 135 x 3
Overhead Press: 100 x 5
Barbell Row: 100 x 5

I've been doing a 3x5 program since November and my current lifts are

Squat: 185 x 5 but 200lb 1RM
Deadlift: 185 x 5 but 200lb 1RM

but my upper body is weaker

Overhead Press: 77 x 5
Barbell Row: 115 x 5

Weight is pushing 190lbs but I carry around a lot of fat too

I want to reach my personal bests in the next 6 weeks so need some motivation as 6 weeks would mean i've been doing approx 5 months training (the longest i've ever done weights in the past 4 years).

and I may revise those lifts I wanted to achieve (they're long term goals anyway). It's just that the likes of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, John Cena, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone powerlift over 400lbs on their lifts.

And Triple H benches only 315lbs.

I've stalled and it's annoyed me-hence the reason I want to get bigger/stronger.

Goal 1- Lift bodyweight for upper body
Goal 2- Lift 1.5x bodyweight for lower body
Goal 3- Try not to get too fat when trying to achieve 1 and 2 e.g. try not to add to bodyfat % and cut junk if I do so
Goal 4- Lift 1.5x bodyweight for upper body / win local judo or no gi comps
Goal 5- Lift 2x bodyweight for legs/ win national judo or no gi comps / cut bodyfat %

Last edited:
Don't mean to bump but am looking back and i've achieved those above.

Have finished my studies at University; during the semesters I do martial arts (kickboxing,judo and wrestling) but in the summer I get 3-4 months to train and diet properly.

In 2013 I have only been doing wrestling and push ups/sit ups/squats during the 3 month period I wasn't doing martial arts. I could do 20 press ups on my fists/6 on my fingers. Been doing 100s for several months.

My best lifts were August 2012 (end of May-end of Aug)

Squat: 185 x 5 and 220 1RM
Deadlift: 185 x 5 and 220 1RM
Bench: 135 x 3
Overhead Press: 100 x 5
Barbell Row: 100 x 5

I've been doing a 3x5 program since November and my current lifts are

Squat: 185 x 5 but 200lb 1RM
Deadlift: 185 x 5 but 200lb 1RM

but my upper body is weaker

Overhead Press: 77 x 5
Barbell Row: 115 x 5

Weight is pushing 190lbs but I carry around a lot of fat too

I want to reach my personal bests in the next 6 weeks so need some motivation as 6 weeks would mean i've been doing approx 5 months training (the longest i've ever done weights in the past 4 years).

and I may revise those lifts I wanted to achieve (they're long term goals anyway). It's just that the likes of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, John Cena, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone powerlift over 400lbs on their lifts.

And Triple H benches only 315lbs.

I've stalled and it's annoyed me-hence the reason I want to get bigger/stronger.

Goal 1- Lift bodyweight for upper body
Goal 2- Lift 1.5x bodyweight for lower body
Goal 3- Try not to get too fat when trying to achieve 1 and 2 e.g. try not to add to bodyfat % and cut junk if I do so
Goal 4- Lift 1.5x bodyweight for upper body / win local judo or no gi comps
Goal 5- Lift 2x bodyweight for legs/ win national judo or no gi comps / cut bodyfat %

Upper body strength taking way too long to come back. Perhaps one reason was I drank lots of milk postworkout instead of protein shake for the first 3 months?

Double post (it's not come up)

Whenever I miss a session, and i've missed around 4 or 5 (average of 1 a month) I do 5 sets instead of 3 (following Starting Strength framework). Or in today's case, I did:

Bench 3x5 or 5x3
Overhead Press 3x5 or 5x3
Dips 2x 8
Abs

so tomorrow I could do
Squat 3x5 or 5x3
Deadlift 1-2 x 5
Chins 2x8

as I missed a day and I wanted to do a session before the weekend/follow the normal Rippetoes workout (as I said I only do 5 sets/ improvised routines if I miss a session)

But during the overhead press, which I found harder than last week even though I was using the same weight (as last week I struggled to get the reps), I felt a nasty neck pain on the left of my neck and I had to drop the weight. I think I struggled due to a combination of lack of rest and doing bench first.

I've been training for 4 months and i'm still not as strong as I used to be. During University I used to wrestle/grapple and do bodyweight exercises (I worked out 3 times a week on average).

Why is my strength taking so long to come back (I used to be at my strongest in 2012)? My neck pain stopped me training and I have a bad wrist from Jiu Jitsu but at least I can wear a wrist support. I wanted to take a picture in April as I thought i'd be 25-35lbs stronger on my lifts but i've got to deload now (plus my progress slowed down this last month).

I'm 15-30lbs off where I was last year I'm eating plenty too.

I'm 6'0 215@12% from 165@8% when I first started lifting years ago. And I think I can still gain a couple pounds. Have only used sarms while cutting.

Sent from my Nexus S using EliteFitness

Top Bottom