Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Insulin: How do you know if its gone bad???

StoneColdGold

I had a buddy mail me some Humilin-R. It ended up spending almost a week in transit. Obviously it has not been refrigerated during the entire time.

Anyway to tell if its still good? If i shoot some to test, will there be an adverse reaction if it indeed has gone bad?

When I picked mine up at the pharmacy,
they told me to try not to let it sit out of the fridge for more than an hour.

For the cost of it, I don't think its worth the risk to take it,
Got to the pharmacy and buy some more
or get your buddy to send it like you would seafood

hey there...yes correct, after about an hour out of the fridge is enough to kill it, so consider yours no good.

I dont think that's correct

Humilin-R is good for a month out of the fridge at room temp.- ask the pharmacist. It can last a year or two if it is kept in the fridge. I think it is bad when white particles start to precipitate out of it due to the denaturation of the insulin protein. Corrrect me if im wrong- but this is what ive gathered. Mine still works and has been kept out of the fridge for a day every once in a while indoors. Just look for particles. Good luck

i'll go look for particles. There were some bubbles in the vial when i opened it, but I think that may just be due to the fact that it was shipped from altitude. I had hear, too, that Humilin could last for quite some time out of the fridge. Its humalog that goes bad within an hour, I believe.

It's good for 4 weeks at room temperature (actually more, but that's what the indications say).
What is more damaging is the exposure to direct light.

ok i'm beginning to feel more comfortable. it wasn't exposed to any light and was only in transit for a week, during which time it was in winter weather. I just shot 2 units and didn't really feel anything. i'll shoot another 2 units tonight, and see if i'm dropping into ketosis by tomorrow morning. if i am, i know the insulin is good because it usually takes me 4 or 5 full days of no carbs to hit ketosis.

Soma,

good info, didn't know it would be fine,

I have humalog anyways, do you know if this is the same, for being unrefridgerated
thanx,

I know that the loaded pin (Humalog) that I carry to the gym everyday stays outa the frig for about 2 hrs. and it's still good.

Top Bottom