Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Increase my deadlift and bench...

jamiep

I will be doing my first powerlifting comp in just over 10 weeks time, whats the best way/routine to increase my bench and deadlift as these are the 2 im hoping to compete in! I mainly train high reps and havent really tried any lower rep training.
My 1 rep max in deadlift is 200kg, bench is 105 kg. What weight and rep range should i be doing ? Thanks

I agree. Also figure out where your weak points in each lift are and train in those areas.... Board presses, DB press, deficit deadlifts, rack pulls. Stuff like that

I will be doing my first powerlifting comp in just over 10 weeks time, whats the best way/routine to increase my bench and deadlift as these are the 2 im hoping to compete in! I mainly train high reps and havent really tried any lower rep training.
My 1 rep max in deadlift is 200kg, bench is 105 kg. What weight and rep range should i be doing ? Thanks

Look up 531 its simple and effective. I use the conjugate method for most of my training, but I am an advanced lifter and feel this is too much for a novice lifter, unless you train with other advanced lifters that can guide you. Jim wendlers program is easy to use and understand. With 10 weeks to go I feel its your best option. And also like tge previous poster said working on your weaknesses and technical issues will help immensely. My advice for the meet is for your openers pick a weight you can do for 3 reps, then your second attempt go for your goal weight, and on your last attempt pick a realistic weight you feel is possible based on how you feel in that moment. Remember competition is a totaly different animal and gym numbers dont mean shit so be realistic in the meet. And have fun and learn.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EliteFitness

Look up 531 its simple and effective. I use the conjugate method for most of my training, but I am an advanced lifter and feel this is too much for a novice lifter, unless you train with other advanced lifters that can guide you. Jim wendlers program is easy to use and understand. With 10 weeks to go I feel its your best option. And also like tge previous poster said working on your weaknesses and technical issues will help immensely. My advice for the meet is for your openers pick a weight you can do for 3 reps, then your second attempt go for your goal weight, and on your last attempt pick a realistic weight you feel is possible based on how you feel in that moment. Remember competition is a totaly different animal and gym numbers dont mean shit so be realistic in the meet. And have fun and learn.

REALLY GOOD ADVICE.

I can bench 315 for like 6 sloppy reps in the gym. In comp my bench is in the low 300's my current comp. best being 325.6

REALLY GOOD ADVICE.

I can bench 315 for like 6 sloppy reps in the gym. In comp my bench is in the low 300's my current comp. best being 325.6

Yes there is a big difference in a touch and go bench and a full pause and press. Plus after squatting and benching your lower back will be screaming, making the deadlift that much harder and why I train squat and dl on the same day.

Top Bottom