Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Incline Bench VS Incline Dumbell Presses

Dieselgoku23 said:
Okay bros what gives more size and depth for upper pecs? Incline Bench Press or Dumbell Presses?? like to hear opinions thanx

1) I don't know what "depth" means in relation to a muscle.

2) For size - that depends on your purpose to a very large extent. If this is your sole upper body pressing movement, it will be barbell because you can apply greater loads to the system. That said, most people don't incline to the long-term exclusion of all other pressing. So no cut and dried answer as there are a variety of reasons one might be training the incline that might lead to greater overall size in the context of a more macro training program geared toward an individual. It depends totally on your purpose in doing them and your training.

I personally like dumb bell presses in EXCELLENT FORM, try and pride yourself for control,otherwise your wasting your time! I got to the 70lbs and I have a hard time getting into position,then doing the first one, after that, I can do it just fine for sets of 8-10. Im really at the point where I need a lift partner on chest days. I can do 75-80lb dumbells, just cant get the first one up, or if I do, probably took a few reps out of me in the end result. Im only 160lbs nekkid, so you can probably think how skinny my wrists and forearms are...oh well, ill figure out a way to get it up, lol.

musketeer said:
I must say I like the bar for incline work and the bells for flat.

QUOTE]

Currently same here although I do tend to reverse the two every few months or so......

3x6 Incline BB
3x8 Flat BB
3x12 Incline DB

I have been doing flat BB then inclind DB for a while now. Think it's time to switch it up.

Dumbell gives you greater range of motion.
You also use more muscle groups compared to barbell, as you also have to stabilize it.
Most coaches prefer dumbell because it more closely resembles the sports actions.
Dumbell is better than barbell, hands down!

Top Bottom