Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If these two got in a fight who would win?

I would say to the men out there, that if you are trying to compare the pain of childbirth to something, it's more like someone reaching their fist up through your pee-hole (after spending some time stretching it out first), grappling up through your internal organs, taking a huge handful of them and pulling them back out through that hole......only doing it very slowly so that it takes at least 6 hours - maybe 16. It's the most gawd-awful, excruciating, all enveloping pain imaginable......anything that hurts so much that you beg to have a huge, hollowed out needle shoved into the depths of your spinal clolumn to numb it, can't ever be fully explained. I am a tough girl......I can take broken bones and bad crashes and impacts....but the thought of having another baby will send me into the fetal position in some corner of a dark closet. Just sayin.......

PS - That being said, guys are just better at taking hits.....if they weren't, you'd see a LOT more women in fighting sports.....

This is a good post. You women are tough. I wouldn't ever want to be in the position you guys are in for reals.

Now back to the subject. You have to think logically. There are ways women can win but they need advatages. Like a weapon or combat training os some sorts. In a fair fight 99% of the time they loose. The real question is why would a man fight with a women anyway? Speaking for myself, I couldn't lay a finger on a women becuase it's just wrong. Only pussies hit women.

Back on the subject.....agreed. From someone who has participated in male dominant sports for most of her life, men are just physically superior - overall. Racing MX, I was at a strength disadvantage over the guys I raced with....but I countered that with my level of cardiovasulcar fitness and by using my lower body in different ways than they did to hang on to my bike when my arms would get tired......but I could never go Pro, because at a higher level, I just couldn't compete with a man's total body strength/endurance. Women's equality is great and all, but Mother Nature just doesn't give a sh*t......the woman would definitely need to fight smarter, and have some ninja skills/weapons she could use.

I've been in Muay Thai and Judo classes since i was little. About 3 weeks ago we were doing sparring at the gym and I got the hell beat out of me by a chick who had been in the Marine Corp for like 10 years. I dont mean like she got the better of me, I mean she beat my ass.

Do not underestimate the power of a woman. Its not man vs woman, its skill vs skill.

YouTube - Sports Science: Hits like a Girl, Part 2

If your looking at a trained fighter yeah. Its possible science proves that a woman can hit just as hard.

IF she is using solid technique. << THis is the important part.

The test in this video is flawed, each boxer used a different technique, punching the dummy the guy hit it with a left cross from a southpaw stance while the girl hit it with a left hook, started in orthodox and switched to southpaw. Not saying she can't hit hard just that the test had too many uncontrolled variables.

I do agree that technique is more important than muscle power though, in studies it has been shown that the arm movement creates as little as 20% of total force of a punch. The majority being provided by technique kinetic linking and body shifting. Some of the hardest shots I've taken have been from guys with arms like matchsticks.

ronda rousey who is going nuts in female mma would be up a lot of guys who train...

Also, it's scientifically proven the more you weigh, the harder you can hit. That's not to say a fat nerd with no idea how to kinetically link his form to his punch will hit harder than a pro @ 165lbs. But all things being equal, more lbs = more punch.

Also, it's scientifically proven the more you weigh, the harder you can hit. That's not to say a fat nerd with no idea how to kinetically link his form to his punch will hit harder than a pro @ 165lbs. But all things being equal, more lbs = more punch.

This is true.
Force= mass x acceleration.
Technique helps increase the amount of mass utilised.

However the bigger you get there is often a speed deficit. Not always, it depends on how you develop the mass. Here's an example. I had two students (taekwondo) we'll call them Dan & Joe. Both roughly the same height, Dan a little heavier, both well muscled and fit.
Dan developed his physique with weightlifting, using slow, deliberate controlled reps and heavy weights.
Joe developed his with body weight exercises and a little weight training (squats & cleans only).
Both did plenty of TKD training (3-4 days per week @ 1.5 hours per session)
Although Dan was a lot stronger his punches lacked speed or snap on impact. Joe on the other hand was very fast with a very hard punch (and kick). I'm not suggesting weightlifting makes you slow. I'm fast for my size and I lift weights but I usually do each rep as explosively as I can trying to push the weight as fast as possible, on the positive phase, always controlled for the negative phase. I believe it has contributed to my speed because of the way I lift.

My brother (an engineer) and I did an investigation into the effects of martial arts strikes. The results were quite interesting although not unexpected. Kinetic linking was shown to contribute the most to overall force generated and the arm movement, (just the extension of the arm with no body shifting or kinetic linking), contributed only around 20% of total force when compared to the full technique. As kinetic linking us the hardest part to master, it's the actual neat of the technique, those with little or no training will not be able to generate anywhere near the amount of total force due to poor technique. Using slow motion video you can clearly see good punching technique starts at the feet and moves through the whole body.

Another interesting thing we discovered was that the amount of time the striking tool is in contact with the target makes a big difference, the shorter the time the striking tool (fist, foot, elbow etc.) stays in contact with the target surface the more force is transferred. The best way to explain would be the difference between a push and a punch, you may be able to push an object a lot further than you can punch it however the force is spread over a larger area of the target and the striking tool will actually re-absorb some of the force. When you punch and snap the fist back quickly less force is re-absorbed and less is spread over the target surface.

Coo! I've written a lot. I could go on forever about this! Lol!

It is interesting to talk about. There's a lot of science behind it, whether the fighters know it or not. I believe "chi" is pretty much what they considered "kinetic linking" in a sense. Pulling energy up through the ground and out their body. Same thing as proper kinetic linking. Good points about the speed of the fighter. Makes me think of Brock Lesnar. That man can MOVE, regardless of his weight. I'd love to have his "supps" and routine down to the dot for a few years.

Top Bottom