Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

If i can't do cardio in the morning...

I know that a lot of people use caffeine to help induce weight loss, and arguably have had good results. However, according to what I've learned about biochemistry, using caffeine may actually be counterproductive. Studies have shown that caffeine induces the pancreas to release insulin, and, as you may or may not know, insulin causes fat storage. What I dont know is if the increases in metabolic rate caused by caffeine could cancel out the increased fat storage. Is it possible that percieved fat loss caused by caffeine intake is actually a result of the energy boost (and thus the potentially better workout) that caffeine brings about? I don't know. Either way, I'm not going to challenge anybodys results that they believe is due to caffeine, I just wanted to throw out some food for thought.

Careful guys. He WILL enlighten you all. I've been there, and it's a scary, scary sight. lol.

j/k, cack. Show them the light; I'm too lazy to right now.

Kidman you're full of shit. You post this above...

20 min cardio after breakfast by1.5 hours and b4 workout by 3-4 hours is the ideal cardio trust me

and then two minutes later you go and post...
PLZ i want to lose fat as fast and as much as i can what do i do.

http://209.11.101.244/forum/showthread.php?threadid=22875

So, first you're telling someone that you know the ideal cardio for weight loss, and then you're posting begging for help on how to loose fat. Not to mention that in the thread I linked to, you say that doing cardio on an empty stomach makes you fat. DON'T GIVE FUCKING ADVICE WHEN YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!

I'm feeling lazy myself :)

First, let's use some basic logic here.

Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach would mean that glycogen and ATP are depleted.

Doing cardio while glycogen depleted = doing cardio with no immediate energy.

When there is no energy for the body to use as fuel, this is starvation, regardless of the amount of food you eat. The body literally has one purpose in life (well, i guess reproduction could be a purpose, but that's more of a species thing) and that purpose is survival.

Fat is a much more efficeint energy source for survival because it is not energy costly - ie is does not require calories to sustain. On top of this, fat is slower burning, as it is more calorie dense. Therefore muscle will be burned before fat when in a state of starvation, as fat would keep you alive longer!

This applies more to us with weight training experience because we have (or should have) "excess" muscle sitting on our bones. This excess muscle is detrimental to the bodies ability to survive. The body will burn this muscle every chance it gets. To build muscle we literally have to FORCE our bodies to do something it is not meant to do. It will not synthesize proteins that are not needed by the body (except maybe the appendix?).

Trust me, there are a host of physiological reasons that cardio in the morning on an empty stomach is very very bad, but I really don't care to get into it (again). If you really care, then I'll post it :)

Cackerot69:

how do you burn fat then?

The way i looked at it (with limited understanding)

FAT is stored energy. energy to be used in time of need.

wouldnt the progresion of use go
gylcogen-->fat--->muscle
?????

I understand what you are trying to get at. If the body had less muscles......it wouldnt have to uses so much energy to move........so when it burns off muscle, it gets fuel...and reduces is need for fuel at the same time.

but some thing just doest seem right.

or is it a catch 22

yes i said it three times

Any time we are in calorie deficit we will burn fat. We will also burn muscle.

In the morning before breakfast our liver glycogen will be depleted, so the liver will convert muscle proteins (primarily arganine and alanine) to glucose through gluconeogenesis. Doing cardio with depleted liver glycogen offers no additional fat burning benefits - all it does is make the liver catabolize muscle. To shift the scales to muscle preservation and fat burning we would want to provide the amino acids through our diet instead of forcing our liver to convert our muscles to glucose.

What we should do is simply have a protein shake pre-cardio.

Top Bottom