Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'd love to know, How long did it take you to get from flab to fab?

JLo said:
I started working out in April of 98 - and went from a size 16 to an 8 by August of 98..... Went from 185 lbs. to 150 lbs. in 5 months.... busting some ass !!!!!!

I'm now a size 4 and 135 lbs.....5'6 BTW...

Did you have any help at all from clen or hydroxycut type of stuff? That is amazing!

polarpixie said:
Did you have any help at all from clen or hydroxycut type of stuff? That is amazing!

Yes - I actually started out with ProLean and have stayed on ECA stacks off and on ever since I started. I drink lots of water and don't take more than the recommended daily dose - although some folks still disagree with the whole "ephedrine" thing - it works for me!

spatterson said:
Hey pixie! Welcome to the women's forum! You really should come here more often...you're great fun to have about.

Hey Thanx for the warm welcome Spatts (a.k.a. wiser member than Project, lol)! :D I didn't want to post until I knew I had the time & the motivation to stick to my goal this time around, but I've been around! :) I am VERY excited about doing this...I'm glad you all told me at least 12 weeks tho....since I have never stuck with regular weight training for more than a month, we'll see what happens this time around!!!

Maybe this is for another thread, but I'm wondering if I'm doing enough now since Temple mentioned 30 mins may not be long enough. I have been doing about 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps per exercise or until my muscles give out. I always thought that was the key, to work your muscles to fatigue?

Hey Pixie - I forgot to say WELCOME as well...
How many excercises are you doing per bodypart and what is your split?

Temple01 said:
Hey Pixie - I forgot to say WELCOME as well...
How many excercises are you doing per bodypart and what is your split?

That's ok! Thanks!! :D

For upper body(what I'm focusing on) it is something like these with free weights:

bicep curls (to the front)
bicep curls (angled out to the side)

tricep kickbacks
tricep pushdowns
tricep extensions

upright row
overhead press
shoulder raises(to the front)
shoulder raises(to the sides)
pushups (elbows shoulders wide)
pushups (elbows tucked in)

I have been doing these for about 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps every 1-2 days until my muscles give out. The pushups I just do as many as I can.

Now that I've actually typed this out, this looks like a list that can probably be improved on...I'm doing a search on some more exercises now.

I realize that you legs are getting alot of work from the running, however, weight training works your muscles differently than running and therefor should be included in your program for the most benefit. At first glance, I would say that you are training a little too frequently. You will see some good results from something like this
Day 1
Chest/Shoulder/tri
Incline bench press - 4 set 8-10 reps
decline bench press - 4 sets 8-10 reps
incline flyes - 4 sets 8-10 reps
shoulder presses 4/8-10
finish off with 2 tricep exercise of your choice
All exercises with dumbells if possible

Day 2 - off

Day 3
Hams/Glutes
stiff leg deadlifts 4/6-10
lunges 4/6-10
lying curls 4/6-10

Day 4 - off

Day 5
Back/Biceps
Deadlift 4/6-10
pullups 4/5reps
lat pulldowns 4/6-10
bent over or t-bar rows 4/6-10
dumbell curls 4/6-10
preacher curls 3/6-10

Day 6 - off

Day 7
Quads/Calves
Squats 4/6-10
Leg press 4/6-10
Leg extensions 4/6-10
Calf raises 4/6-10
Donkey Calf raises 4/6-10

Day 8 off

Begin cycle again

If you are lifting heavy this will give you plenty of time for recovery. If you are experiencing severe DOMS then back off a set or drop some reps or perhaps only one bi/tri exercise. Make sure you are getting adequate calories and plenty of protein. Work abs twice per week into whatever days are most comfortable for you. At some point you may want to reduce this to a 7 day rotation by changing it to a 2 on 1 off.

Sweet!!! That looks great! I will look at it in more detail latr tonight! Thanks Temple! :D

I have 2 questions tho, how would you say is 'heavy'? Does that mean heavy enough to exhaust my muscles by the time I get to the last set/last rep?
and
what is DOMS? Something to do with too much soreness I think?

Last edited:
polarpixie said:

Hi, Pixie...

I have been taking Stackers 2 as a fat burner...and although I am not by any means buff I can tell you that it seems to work. In 7 months I have dropped 80 pounds...from 360 pounds to 280 pounds. And I went from a size 60DD bra to 48D.

Don't know if it will work for you or not but it seems to be working for me and people that see me and have noticed the change are asking me what I am taking they always say "You mean that stuff you see in the commericals during Smackdown and RAW? What? You wanting to become a wrestler?"

I have started working out with weights and people have said that my arms are becoming more defined.

Good luck......

Top Bottom