Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need some advice on weight gaining!

damn dude, you ask a lot of questions. No spotter needed on DB's. Get a spotter for heavy wt's. If no spotter, keep collars off so you can dump the weight.

Haha sorry for the questions, I think I may go with Bowflex, I will still have quite a bit of money left over, so even if I have to sell the Bowflex, I can still get free weights.

Thanks for all the help :)

Stunta said:
With free weights won't I also need someone to spot me?

Not if you get a power rack. You can set the pins at different heights so they will catch the weight if it falls. Im sure youll get more out of that then a bowflex, but its your money! Best of luck!

For 2000 bucks I'll kick the old lady out and you can go to the gym with me,I'll put 20 lbs on ya in 6 weeks.

Why would anybody sell a 2000 dollar piece of equipment for 800. To me that seems funny. I think it's probably because the people realized it sucks ass but eh whatever. Just about every single person on this thread, with the exception of one, has basically said fuck the bowflex =\

Also, don't forget the reason you metabolism is so fast is because you are still growing. Once you hit 19 or 20 your metabolism will slow dramatically. It did for me and I find it much easier to put on muscle now - and fat also :) .

Isn't the resistance on the bowflex kind of like bands? Some powerlifters incorporate bands to their routines. I think it'll be a good idea to use both bowflex and free weights! :heart:

Top Bottom