Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need some advice on weight gaining!

Stunta

Okay, I just turned 17 in August and I am 6'0" and weigh about 140 lbs. I hate being this skinny, but I have a really high metabolism. I was wondering some good ways to gain weight, I want to be about 150-160 in muscle.

I was wondering about buying a Bowflex, I have about 2 grand saved up for one... I have wanted one for a long time. What is the difference between a Power Pro and an Ultimate? Also, are Bowflexes worth it?

I also want to start doing a diet to help me gain muscle mass (or at least help me get healthier than I already am). I will probably need to post in the bodybuilding food forums, so if no one can help me in this thread I will just do so in there.

Thanks! :D

You could save alot of that money by joining a gym and obtaining a personal trainer to achieve your goals and give you a solid base to work on.Just one of many ways.We have a kid in our gym that was your size and he spent 2 months with a personal trainer and ended up gaing close to 15 lbs.He didn't spend more than 500.00 but now he has the knowledge to work out and diet on his own.

really, screw the bowflex. i hate it. i wanted one for a long time too, until i got it. the problem is that there is no resistance when the bow isnt flexed. the resistance gets higher as your push or pull on the handles. thus, for say a bench press, you have no resistance at the lowest point. that is lost time, muscle growth, and money to me. for serious working out- BIG WASTE OF MONEY!!!. they people on the commercials dont use bowflex. they are models that go to a gym. use that money to go to a gym, or if you could find one, a machine like the bowflex that uses real weights. i have seen them around, but dont know of any name brand ones. they are cheap though.

forget the bowflex. go to a gym and get a trainer if you want. eat lots of protein like eggs, fish, chicken, steak, beans, eggs, fish, and protein shakes. and more fish

with that much money u could buy all the weights u need. fuck a bowflex they suck. get power rack, bench, plenty of weights, some dumbells and your set and u'd prolly have money left.

My friend just got a Bowflex, so I am going over to his house this weekend and try it out.

More Weight and Less Reps = Muscle Growth correct?
And Less Weight with More Reps is Muscle Definition?

first off, welcome to the board here. as you will soon find out, there is a lot of knowledge here.
like everyone else said. ditch the bow flex idea. take that money, and get a membership at a gym. your money will better invested getting a membership to a gym. you will meet people there that know what they are doing, and they can show you correct form. do you have anybody in your area that you know, that lifts? if so, start tagging along with them and work out with them. they would be able to teach you a lot about training just by going to the gym with them. if not, find a trainer at the gym that you are going to. before you invest the money in a trainer, ask around. there are a lot of people that are so called trainers, but dont know squat. the people that work at the gym should be able to help you. also, ask questions here, you will get answers. ask about anything, form, dieting, workout routines, anything.
for you, at 6 feet tall and weighting 170, i would say that you need to start eating more. eat as much steak and chicken as you can. get yourself some protein shakes. and start hitting the gym...

yeah man f*** the bow flex..i would say buy a power rack but i think your better off joining a gym..i would be very careful of a trainer..some gyms give you like a free session with one for joining..thats fine and ask as many questions as you can about how to use the equipment..quite honestly theres so much stuff on the net you dont need a trainer..read some of the stickies in the training section..i would start of with simple compound moves..then after a couple of months i would go on 5x5..
heres something to start with
mon
squats 3x6-10
leg press 2 x8
seated leg curl 2x10
calves 2x10

wed
bench press 2x8
incline BB 2x8
dips 2x10
side laterals

fri