Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need some advice on weight gaining!

Alright, if you guys could supply me with a simple yes or no answer on this question it'll make things easier for me lol...

Can I gain mass/weight with a Bowflex? :rainbow:

You can gain musclea, as if with any exercies if done properly. All depends on calories and training regime. Dude, train hard on the bowfles, eat a lot and save the boxes (if you need to send it back, you need the original stuff). Anything else?

My advice is: Do whatever it takes to get access to weights and get into a gym if possible. You could go the other route and buy equipment for your home. Any weights would be better then a bowflex though. Youll likely outgrow the resistance eventually and its never the same as moving actual weight. Not only should your results be quicker with weights, but you wont be limited either.

yes of course. it will be limited as compared to freeweights :)

oh yeah, walking beast brought up a good point. quickness of gains. bowflex = slower

if you havent noticed this thread is getting a lot of attention as compared to the others. its for a reason. nobody wants to see you waste your time and money, and we are all just trying to help.

the bottom line is get some equipment you will use. Why waste money on stuff you will not use. If you will use the bowflex, you will get results. If you use DB or BB you will get results. God Damn simple question..NEXT

Yeah, it's just I can get a Bowflex Ultimate with 410 lb upgrade and leg press upgrades for about 800 dollars, whereas they are normally 2000+... So if Bowflex worked I wanted to take advantage of this.

Do it then. If you don't like it sell the thing. Just get active and lifting. Drink a gallon of milk a day for calories if you wanna gain mass.

Another thing about free weights, I have no clue about any of it. This is the first time I have ever wanted to work out. I don't know what I would need, what is a waste of money, etc.

less than 50 cent a pound for good iron. A good lifting bar properly knurled and swivel collars. Get some elephant racks, for partials and a good free standing rack. Buy some Power Blocks for about 6oo. This will give you DB's from 2.5 to 85 pounds. Do some research. buy used and a good sturdy bench.

Top Bottom