Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I need some advice on weight gaining!

Stunta said:
The problem is, I live in a small town. We have no gym here, so I need a home setup...

I've got the answer to your problem and it'll save you a couple hundred dollars that you'd waste on a bowflex.

Go to www.elitefts.com then enter the store, then click package deals, scroll down and find the
"Sick of your gym" package. For 1600, this includes delivery, you'll get 1) Combo Power Rack
(1) Texas Power Bar
(2) Boxes of Chalk
(1) Dragging Sled
(6) 45lb Black Olympic Plates
(2) 35lb Black Olympic Plates
(2) 25lb Black Olympic Plates
(4) 10lb Black Olympic Plates
(2) 5lb Black Olympic Plates
(2) 2.5lb Black Olympic Plates

Eat a bunch of calories. You wanna gain weight? Try 5000 - 6000 cal a day. High protein and CHO and about 150 gms of fat. Work out hard. Keep good form. Buy some hard iron. I had the top of the line bowflex. Didn't like it. It gave good resistance but felt a little wimpy. I thought it was nothing like free weights. If you got the money, buy 495 pounds of free weights, a good bar, a multy angle bench, some bar stands and you are set. If you have extra $, buy a dip.

Alright, I checked out Elite Fitness and it looks pretty good. I don't want to become huge and ripped, I just want to have definition and be about 160-170... Could I get this with a Bowflex? My friend likes his compared to free weights, is it just opinion or what?

what is your HT? Are you male? Going for the mens health look? Calories in verses calories out. If you don't have the mass, you can't sculpt a muscular body

I am wanting to gain mass, as well as definition. The thing is I can get a Bowflex Ultimate at a really, really good price...

save your $. Buy some good iron. Buy a lot of good quality food. Eat, train and sleep. Stay off the alcohol. Gain mass in the winter and cut during beach season.

thats a good bit of weight to gain. you sound skinny, like me. you dont have to worry about definition, because all you need is size. i wont say that you COULDNT get 20 or 30 lbs with a bowflex, but its gonna be really hard. im 135lbs. i got a bowflex. i trained my ass off. the bowflex doesnt train the full range of motion, so the muscle CAN'T get a full workout. i saw results, but they sucked for my time and money. i do the same amount of time and work with free weights- i see results that the bowflex missed. the squat pullies on that thing are a joke. you lose resistance at the bottom- which is where your muscles need it to grow! same thing for the bench. you lose resistance at the bottom where the stretch is.

like i said before, the bowflex will give you a workout. i just dont want to see you waste your money like i did. get some free weights and use those. i ended up buying a squat/ bench rack, full weights, and dumbells after i got my bowflex. i just needed the freeweights to progress, and i wasted my money and time on the bowflex.

remember the people on TV didnt use the bowflex to get the results. they used freeweights

JRHolmes. You van get a FULL range of motion on the bowflex. I did. What is your definition of full range of motion? Is it biomechanically correct? On BB bench press, do you touch your chest for the best biomechinacly (sp) proper form?

Top Bottom