Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Love When This Happens

Nelson Montana

Chairman of Board
Chairman Member
Dontcha love the gym experts who feel compelled to tell you what you should be doing?

Anyone familiar with my work knows I have an array of weird exercises. So today I was doing some ab crunches using the lat pulldown. Sure enough, some guy comes up to me to tell me I'm "doing the exercise wrong." Usually, I just say, Yeah, whatever, thanks. But today the guy ACTUALLY STOPS ME IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SET. THAT, pissed me off.

I shot back; "I'm doing it the way I want to bro." That wasn't good enough for him. It's at this point I'm tempted to say something like; "Dude, I've had over 300 on training publish. how may have YOU had. " Butthen I realize there's no need to be arrogant. Besides, he'd probably wouldn't believe me anyway.

So I just walked away and left him "demonstrating" the exercise.

Anybody else have people butt in, in a completely inappropriate way?

look at the morons at the gym thread, lol..

yes, i have too. last year, i was doing power cleans, and an old man tapped me really hard on the shoulder in the middle of the explosive part of the lift. he got me so off guard, i dropped the barbell and it slammed on my left quad hard. He said he wanted to know if i needed a spot, and even though i was furious, i kept my cool and said no thanks. He then got me an icepack and told me to rest it since i had a huge bruise.

look at the morons at the gym thread, lol..

yes, i have too. last year, i was doing power cleans, and an old man tapped me really hard on the shoulder in the middle of the explosive part of the lift. he got me so off guard, i dropped the barbell and it slammed on my left quad hard. He said he wanted to know if i needed a spot, and even though i was furious, i kept my cool and said no thanks. He then got me an icepack and told me to rest it since i had a huge bruise.

There would have been no "keeping my cool" for that ass bag. I would have flipped.

And yes Nelson......you could have provided that shitbag with all the credentials in the world.....people like that would never believe you thus....making you much angrier than you already were

yes about a year ago i was doing free weights and some skinny old dude I have never seen in there tells me i should lower the weight i was doing.

i told him "what?"

and he said "its too much weight" and he walked away giving me this face like he was the gym god

thought that was weird.

he had been working out on a bench and left like 10 dumbells of all sizes all over the floor and just leaves. he had a collection.. 20 pounds, 25 pounds, 30 pounds, 35 pounds... 2 of each I'm not kidding

he then walks over to the treadmill area and starts teaching people how to run on them... I wonder if it was like Punk'd or something I dunno. or if he was just retarded, or even maybe he was trying to pull a Borat and just annoy everyone.

I've never seen him in the gym after that... its gotta be a gag or something

when I was in college for a sociology class we had to go around campus and try to piss off people and document reactions, maybe that was what he was doing.. who knows

I do ab work with lat pulldown too...high five.

Yeah there are douches out there but usually I just look at them like gtfo and they walk away before they even say anything.

Thats why I love my IPOD and a menacing grin. Most peeps leave me the fuk alone unless its for tips themselves.

I occasionally will help with deadlift form squat form to gym members solely for the fact that I love seeing people doing these lifts. I never help with anything else anymore haha.

^^^ even at 6 or 7 at my gym its just a couple old guys and no one else.. also on the weekends my gym is empty

but nelson lives in NYC, its wall to wall people everywhere at all hours i would assume. thats why i would never live in a big city, i cant stand people annoying me.

I actually had 2 great ones today:
1. Doing bicep curl combination drop sets with dumbells... first 6 reps with 35s, dropping to 25s to finish out the set of 12 (too weak to do the full set of 12 with 35s... yet!). Guy comes up and tries to explain the concept of "weight selection" to me. Thought I was trying to find the right weights to use. And I'm the blonde....
2. Within the same 10 minute span another guy informed me that I was going to get "bulky" if I kept lifting like that... my response? "I sure hope so!" lol

Top Bottom