Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I know many of you guys swear by incline benches..

d3track said:
i will agree with that somewhat
i feel more pec involvement in declines than flats
i really am not a big fan of flat presses, the only thing i have gotten from flat barbell presses is shoulder pain

weak rotator cuffs

personally.......... i use 15-30 degree angles for both incline and decline. i dont like 45 degree's on either one. they are supplements to my bench.

overheads build my overhead, so i use the inclines as variety for my bench.

X

I'll try different grips and see what happens. I bring the bar down to upper pecs.

I was doing them religiously as an assistance move for my flat bench and worked up to 225x5 or so. I've just added them back in the mix.

I still like declines a lot, so I will continue to do those as well. I feel they have a great carry over to the flat bench.

I videotaped my inclines yesterday, but the cord that runs from the camera to the computer isn't working. I will have to buy a new one. :(

PolishHammer1977 said:
Clint,

Close grip inclines for you?

It is a normal grip for me. That is my bench grip...pinky on the power rings. I did close grip inclines once...really didn't like them much at all and couldn't keep an arch or my shoulders back.

B True

Try dumbells for a couple of workouts and see how you feel it in the chest. Try and go closer as you get to the top of the movement. Only to see if it stimulates the chest. I`m not advocating one over the other.

I use DB`s only for inclines btw. but I just wanna look pretty, So strength is`nt my MAIN goal.

the flat bench is a mass builder, but the db incline press is more a shaper...it gives the large pec muscles definition so you dont have a flat chest.

MsBeverlyHills said:
the flat bench is a mass builder, but the db incline press is more a shaper...it gives the large pec muscles definition so you dont have a flat chest.

I disagree

Mike_Rojas said:
I'll try different grips and see what happens. I bring the bar down to upper pecs.

I think just experimenting and trying differnet things to see what works for you will help the most (as a few others have said)

Everyone has slightly different mechanical leverages, arm lenght, shoulder width, etc. What for one guy is finger on the rings might be completely different for someone else.

The key is to make sure to preserve the key elements (shoulders back, elbows in) and find adjustments work for you...

Becoming said:

The key is to make sure to preserve the key elements (shoulders back, elbows in) and find adjustments work for you...

You keep your elbows in? I keep mine wide on inclines...but it is my only real chest exercise that I do in the gym too...

B True

gonelifting said:

I disagree

really?? I think you need to study up on your kinesology. Exercising on the incline increases the pull of the fibers inthe clavicular head of the pec major....you need to change angle & exercises on chest to fill in & define the unbalanced muscle structure youd have only doing flat bench...make sense???

Top Bottom