Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

I had my second rotator cuff surgery in 2 years.

plifter

Banned
I went under the knife last Friday. I had 2 bone spurs removed. There was also a partial tear in my RC. I just took the dressing off and showered for the first time this morning. The surgeon drew lines all over my shoulder and I can't get the ink to come off. Now I get the long road to recovery (again).
 
plifter said:
I went under the knife last Friday. I had 2 bone spurs removed. There was also a partial tear in my RC. I just took the dressing off and showered for the first time this morning. The surgeon drew lines all over my shoulder and I can't get the ink to come off. Now I get the long road to recovery (again).



Been through a similar situation. Two ACL surgeries in 3 years. You'll be back just don't rush.
 
arthroscopic surgery?
i had an open bankhart operation, slap lesion or whatever - very similiar to RCs.
ask for E-Stim it rocks!
 
crew9 said:
Been through a similar situation. Two ACL surgeries in 3 years. You'll be back just don't rush.

:worried:

I just had my first ACL surgery 8 months ago.....
 
Man, I partially tore my RC a few years ago and never got it operated on. still bothers me, but not too bad. but it does hold me back from liftin heavy. that and my weakness.

good luck bro
 
can you ever fully recover from RC problems?
are you gonna be able to bench ever again?
good luck bro
 
mightymouse69 said:
have you guys ever tried the band exercises for strengthening the area around the RC?

been doing it almost daily for a few years now. also do some VERY light DB work. best move I ever made for my RC issues was to see an ART practicioner, a.k.a. God Himself
 
KillahBee said:
been doing it almost daily for a few years now. also do some VERY light DB work. best move I ever made for my RC issues was to see an ART practicioner, a.k.a. God Himself

I workout with a guy who has had multiple surgeries and is a pro trainer himself, he does similar things, looks funny to the juiceheas but keeps him active playing other sports.
 
Gambino said:
can you ever fully recover from RC problems?
are you gonna be able to bench ever again?
good luck bro

I should be able to bench again. It's just going to be a pain in the ass because I'm going to lose so much strength. I hope to be back to normal within a year.
 
mightymouse69 said:
I workout with a guy who has had multiple surgeries and is a pro trainer himself, he does similar things, looks funny to the juiceheas but keeps him active playing other sports.
anyone who doesn't do that type of stuff is a fool, ESPECIALLY big time benchers. unfortunately it's a lesson a lot of us learn via injury, but the RC muscles are so damn important - too damn important to be ignored (and too damn small to get hit doing shldr presses or the like). you need to add in band work
 
crew9 said:
hows it treating you

Stiff, sore, not quite right and I'm still not released back to sport.... :mad:

How;d you tear yours 3x?? How's it doing now?
 
KillahBee said:
anyone who doesn't do that type of stuff is a fool, ESPECIALLY big time benchers. unfortunately it's a lesson a lot of us learn via injury, but the RC muscles are so damn important - too damn important to be ignored (and too damn small to get hit doing shldr presses or the like). you need to add in band work

thanks, that's a good tip from a Yankee fan...
 
jenscats5 said:
Stiff, sore, not quite right and I'm still not released back to sport.... :mad:

How;d you tear yours 3x?? How's it doing now?

I tore each one once. The first one I had done feels fantastic. The most recent one has it's good and bad days for seemingly no reason. About 10 months post-op I was skiing and snowboarding and felt FANTASTIC. It had been hurting me from lifting so I expected the slopes to hurt it but it didn't.

I tore my first one in 8th grade playing soccer. To make a long story short my doc misdiagnosed several times while not letting me get an MRI. I didn't get it fixed until college. During that time I was playing soccer and volleyball while getting sublexations every game/practice. The second one got worn out from overcompensating for so long. Now I'm dealing with a lower back injury because I rushed back into lifting after the second one. I completely favored my good leg while squatting and it twisted my hips etc.
 
cant do barbell bench - incline or flat. I use the "pec deck" without much of a problem.
dips are a bitch along with squats
thinking about it - almost very one of my lifts are effected by my bum shoulder
 
crew9 said:
I tore each one once. The first one I had done feels fantastic. The most recent one has it's good and bad days for seemingly no reason. About 10 months post-op I was skiing and snowboarding and felt FANTASTIC. It had been hurting me from lifting so I expected the slopes to hurt it but it didn't.

I tore my first one in 8th grade playing soccer. To make a long story short my doc misdiagnosed several times while not letting me get an MRI. I didn't get it fixed until college. During that time I was playing soccer and volleyball while getting sublexations every game/practice. The second one got worn out from overcompensating for so long. Now I'm dealing with a lower back injury because I rushed back into lifting after the second one. I completely favored my good leg while squatting and it twisted my hips etc.

Glad to hear your back into it.....I have the same thing - bad days for seemingly no reason.......Really wish I was released to go ski next week....
 
Top Bottom