Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

"I can't gain weight"

MRJ

Greetings:

I've known persons with a similar problem. (no results in the weight gain/muscle dept.)

Problem is your metab. may be so extreme or your eating habits so poor you simply may not be able to eat enough to provide the x-tra cals. to allow your body to build anything.

All your calories go for maint.

I've read the posts and find some offer sensible advice:

Less activity (cardio, exercise in general)
More Calories
Short Duration/High Intensity workouts

I'd also mention increasing your CARB. intake drastically from whatever it is. This combined with consistent training has given some people a net increase of 1 - 1.5 lbs. p/week until their body becomes accustomed to the caloric intake at which point it's time to increase the overall calories in general.

Possibly whatever protein you may be taking in is used for energy leaving nothing for BUILDING. Increased CARB. intake may cure this issue.

If nothing else, give it time . . . Your metab. will slow down as you age and the weight will gradually begin to appear. You may never be a HULK but you will FILL-OUT. GUARANTEED !

Best Regards,

Last edited:
thats true up to a point, but if you've been training for many years than maybe you hit your genetic plateau. at that point AS might be the answer.

I think metabolism has a lot to do with it. I too have trouble gaining weight but can mange to little by little if I really try. I eat lots, and lots, people always comment on how much I eat compared to my size. But I know I have a very fast metabolism. Some people I know say they go to the toilet to dump once or twice a week! I go twice or three times a day! I have to supplement, mainly with protein at least three times a day. Including meals that means protein intake every 2.5 hours. Also training heavy with lower reps, plenty of rest, and cardio once a week only. I also realized that I fidget a lot. At work I am always on the computer and find myself tapping my feet of squeezing a ball or doing something. This I think uses a lot of energy and calories. I have managed to to increase my weight by 4 kilos this year so far.

Yes, you're right - but let me add some more tips:

1. Eat more than you burn off

2. If possible, try to only intake unsaturated fats

3. Sleep atleast 8 hours

4. Supplement

5. Eat 6-8 meals a day

6. Do not drastically increase your caloric intake just in day

7. Add 500 calories each week, until you reach the apropriate amount of calories you should intake

8. No cardio

9. Depending on your metabolism, multiply your bodyweight by .4g-.6g of fat to determine how many grams of fat to intake in a day

10. Change your workout routines each 2 weeks. Because when your body gets used to one workout, this workout won't be as effective anymore.

11. Uptake low-Gi carbs. Avoid high-Gi carbs, except for mornings and after a workout

Peace

And also:

1. Your breakfast should be your biggest meal of the day, besides your post workout meal. I normally eat 30-40g protein at breakfast, 70-80g carbs, and about 10g fat.

2. Post workout is definitely the most important meal of the day. After your workout you have two goals: refuel and rebuild. You need to refuel your glycogen stores and rebuild the damaged muscle tissue. I usually drink 30g whey protein with 100g simple carbs. I take this meal in liquid form because it is easier for the body to absorb. Then an hour later I have 75g complex carbs with 2 glasses of milk.

3. Before bed is also very important. You will be going 8 hours without protein so you will want a slow digesting protein, I usually drink 4 glasses of milk because it is rich in casein (a slow digesting protein) The carbs in the milk will spare the protein while you sleep. Even though milk says all the carbs are sugar, milk sugar digests slowly, slower than oatmeal actually, so they will stay with you throughout the night.

4. Don't go more than 3 hours without protein. You want to keep a positive nitrogen balance and eating every 3 hours ensures this. This is where the dedication part comes in to play. Many times I've brought protein shakes to college parties so I could get my protein fix. I also bring weight gainer shakes to my rugby games to prevent myself from going into calorie deficit. If you play football, hockey, soccer or any kind of sport that requires you to burn a lot of calories you'll need to make sure you account for these burnt calories in your daily totals. Try mixing a weight gainer up with water and put it in your bottle (your coach won't be able to see it this way).

5. Eat 6-8 meals. This gives your body a steady stream of nutrients and it also tricks your body so it stores less fat.

6. Drink at least a gallon of water per day. When your cells are hydrated, your protein synthesis increases.

The opposite reason is why drinking alcohol decreases your protein synthesis, because alcohol dehydrates your cells. So if you're going to have a couple of drinks at least take water with you and sip on that as well.

Peace

no cardio?

I'm also trying to gain weight... But no cardio doesn't sound like a good idea... my good cardio allows me to do things like crazy burnouts and circuit training... where as w/ out it, I'd get too winded to finish any exersizes! I think cardio is good as long as you're not running like miles and miles each day, as long as your lungs are still in good shape!!!!

If you want aa healthy lifestyle, then yes. If you want to gain weight fast - say no to cardio.

It doesn't matter if you walk or run, you will burn the same amount of calories.

Peace

Top Bottom