Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I can't drop the fat

I'm up for changing my diet by adding or taking away. Let me know what about it is good, what could be better, and what I definitely need to change.

The HIIT cardio is a recent addition to my workout scheme. I am up for changing that too.

My food scale is brand new, so I don't think there is a problem with it reading incorrectly.

To be honest I don't know ur not droping weight, but possible improvements include

Here is a couple of samples of my meals. A bit different than I described above as far as ratios go... My protein intake could be higher by 50-75 grams/day. That would be an easy fix, I could just add another protein shake in and get my calories as well as my protein up. It looks that I am getting between 175-225g protein, 100-135g carbs, right around 50g fat.

Sample 1-

Meal 1: Whey Protein Shake w/ soy milk, 1tbsp flax oil, 1 cup whole oats
460 calories

May not make any difference, but you could try and separate the flaxseed oil from insulingenic whey + carb combo. There are no studies really to support macro separation like this, but some bodybuilders claimed they have benefited from it

Meal 2: 2 whole grain rice cakes w/ 1tbsp natural peanut butter
258 calories

NOT A GOOD SOURCE OF CARBS and WHERE iS THE PROTEIN

Meal 3: 1 cup whole grain rice, a can tunafish
405 calories

COULD ADD FIBEROUS VEGGIE

Meal 4: 1 cup whole grain rice, 4oz lean beef, 1 serving asparagus or green beans
512 calories

Meal 5: Casein Protein Shake w/ soy milk

You could consider ditching the soy milk and for meal 1 replacing it with actual milk
210 calories

1843 calories total

Sample 2 -

Meal 1: 6 egg white, 1 cup whole grain rice

Meal 2: Whey protein shake w/ soy mils, 1tbsp flax oil

Meal 3: 1 Cup oats w/ whey protein and milled flax seed

Meal 4: 6oz fish, 1 sweet potato, green beans, flax oil drizzle

Meal 5: Casein Protein shake w/ soy milk

Approx 1825 calories

Thanks for the feedback desmond. I'll definitely try separating the flax oil, definitely worth a shot.

I can easily nix the rice cakes/peanut butter and add another protein shake or meal replacement shake.

Oh, and I can't do regular milk... as I am lactose intolerant.

Thanks for the feedback desmond. I'll definitely try separating the flax oil, definitely worth a shot.

I can easily nix the rice cakes/peanut butter and add another protein shake or meal replacement shake.

Oh, and I can't do regular milk... as I am lactose intolerant.

I only raised the soy issue b/c of the fear mongering that it is estrogenic and can affect your thyroid. You can research these points if u are concerned.

Most soy milk contains carbs so u could drop it prebed to improve your diet. You could also depending on the timing of meal 4 skip the rice.

To be honest though, I don't know how ur diet adds up to just 100-135 carbs.

U have 1 cup whole oats (that's 60), rice cakes, 2 soy drinks, rice cups, not to mention indirect carbs from veggies and PB

The soy milk I get actually has pretty good stats: 3.5g fat (3g poly/monounsaturated), 5g carbs, 7g protein per cup.

So as far as my carbs go:

52g in 1 cup oats
42g in 1 cup rice
12g in 2 rice cakes
6g from peanut butter
10g from soy
10g from veggies
5g from protein powder
------
Total: 125g

There was one error in the sample meals I posted, my rice serving is 1/2 cup x 2 instead of 1 cup x2.. So one cup of rice per day.

I appreciate your attention to detail. I am starting to see the holes in my diet. I could easily drop the unnecessary carbs and fat and replace them with protein.

That should make my diet pretty fool proof. It still doesn't make sense to me why I am not dropping at least a little bit of fat...

And I guess I still need to figure out what to do about my cardio.

Oh and I still need to figure out if I am eating too little calories.

OK I assumed u were having 2 cups of rice, although 2 rice cakes = 12 carbs??? They must be microscopic. Rice cakes are normally 70-80% carbs.

Ok, something is wrong - eitehr with ur calculations (which u say they are not) or ur metabolism.

Doing HIIT 6 times per week, lifting 6 times per week, u should be dropping nearly 1kg per week in the initial phases of ur diet. Also, given the glycogen depletion of this low carb diet, I would have expected 2 kilos dropped in the first week (1 being water/glycogen weight)

You could drop ur carb intake, but to be honest its already quite low, and ur still > 10% bf and in the initial phases of ur diet.

Best luck but I am as confused as u are.

why HI cardio? You should be doing low intensity stuff for a longer period to burn fat...
Gotta say, the diet makros look in chech, but u gotta start calorie/ carb cycling as well. personally I would have one day a week with a cal surplus.

Good luck

Maybe partially I am over-reacting in my lack of progress. It is highly possible that even with arimidex, I am still holding some extra water.

I'm going to get new bodyfat measurement tools that is the only other thing that could be skewing my results.

I started at 192lbs 12% bf. Today I am up to 197lbs 12%bf.

I'll get some new calipers and take measurements and different times during the day and see if that makes a difference. It's hard to gauge fat loss when muscle is going up and the calipers could be flawed.

I'll try some low intensity cardio for the next week and see what happens.

I'll keep you guys updated.

sounds intriguing jabba. I'll send you a PM.[/QUOTE

Nothing wrong with HIIT - most the studies support it, and there are notables who use it (Layne Norton).

Esp in initial phases of diet when bf > 10%, it shouldn't be catabolic. In any event, if something you were doing was catabloic u'd know - 1 kilo of fat is 7000 cals, 1 kilo of muscle is closer to 600 (hence why 1 kilo of chicken is about 600 cals), so if u were burning muscle, ur weight would drop very dramatically.

Top Bottom