Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I can't drop the fat

Des,

I know what you are sayin but when I was looking at casien a while back I was seeing drastically different digestion times stated - from 4 hours to 12 hours. 7 hours seems to be a happy medium but IMO its more like 5. I would be interested in seeing stuidies on digestion times purely for straight casien, if you have any? Even if it was 7 hours, that would still leave me with a certain amount of time negative.

WRT adding fats - many bro's do it (southernlord may be able to shed some light) but I think its generally accepted that adding fats to CHO's or proteins generally slows digestion, as fat is harder to break down. Thats my understanding

here we go - looks like milk proteins are g2g for about 8 hours.

Still, Ill keep addind olive oil to my bedtime shakes for the efa's and to meet my fat makros.

Compared with casein or total milk protein, digestion of milk soluble proteins is too rapid to sustain the anabolic postprandial amino acid requirement -- Lacroix et al. 84 (5): 1070 -- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition

yes, if no probs with adding olive to bed for fat macros. It's not really a source of EFA's though - mainly monounsaturated fat, while good, isn't an EFA. Contains some omega 6 I guess.

U'd consider dropping the EVOO pre-bed if cutting, simply b/c u may want to enjoy eating that fat some other time

Desmond -

A couple pages back you said whole grain rice cakes are not a good source of carbs? Why do you say that? Are you talking about just the type he was eating or rice cakes in general?

I eat the unsalted brown rice rice cakes from whole foods right now.

Thanks

LOL, you guys are fiesty. I'll leave you be. I'd like to know his secret to be at 13% without any dieting. Which is considered lean for a male by the way. Not average.

I had already been dieting. I am in the initial phases of the "serious diet/cutting cycle". I've been dieting/training hard for the past year or so.

I've never had this much trouble in the past. At 21 yrs old, I was 195lbs @ 8%bf. I could maintain 12% by eating clean and working out. I could get to 10% fairly quickly with pretty much same diet as I posted. Then to get to 8% it was a challenge, it took keto diet for me to get down to 8%. I never got any better than that.

I started going on the road non-stop with my band, so eating clean and exercise was pretty much non existent. I let my health and fitness go the first couple of years on the road.

I finally got back to eating healthy and training hard over the past year to year and a half. I dropped about 15lbs.

Now that I am off the road for a while, I am taking this as a chance to really get back in great shape again. I probably expected my body to go back to the way it used to be with normal dieting effort, but that just isn't the case.

I've got plenty of time and resources to get back in to shape, so I will do whatever I have to do.

All the advice/suggestions has been a great help.

Last edited:
Also, here is an update. I upped the arimidex dosage a little bit over the past 4-5 days and I can definitely see a difference. I'm definitely not holding as much water as before.

After making some of the changes: Dropping the soy milk, dropping the flax oil, dropping the rice cakes and pb, and upping my calories and protein... I can definitely see a difference starting to kick in. I am up to 200lbs, but I am starting to look much leaner. I'll take a new bodyfat measurement once I get my new tools.

I'll keep updating the progress. I'll probably have some more challenges in my road back to 8%.

Desmond -

A couple pages back you said whole grain rice cakes are not a good source of carbs? Why do you say that? Are you talking about just the type he was eating or rice cakes in general?

I eat the unsalted brown rice rice cakes from whole foods right now.

Thanks

The OP is having difficulties losing weight.

Rice cakes are processed; generally this implies lower satiety and more rapid carb digestion than unprocessed brown rice.

This may mean a greater insulin spike which in some people MAY reduce fat loss.

I just suggested it for a possible area of improvement.

For many people, cals in < cals out with sufficient protein to prevent muscle loss will suffice in a diet, but if its not working, this is one possible area of improvement

Also, here is an update. I upped the arimidex dosage a little bit over the past 4-5 days and I can definitely see a difference. I'm definitely not holding as much water as before.

After making some of the changes: Dropping the soy milk, dropping the flax oil, dropping the rice cakes and pb, and upping my calories and protein... I can definitely see a difference starting to kick in. I am up to 200lbs, but I am starting to look much leaner. I'll take a new bodyfat measurement once I get my new tools.

I'll keep updating the progress. I'll probably have some more challenges in my road back to 8%.
Congrats!

Top Bottom