Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How's Your Squat? The Squat Help Thread

yes looks a bit better, good set. you are young and should still be very flexible. i want you to work on getting your hands in as close to your shoulders as you possibly can. work on it over the course of a month or so, not right away. next squat workout move them in one or two finger widths, then next workout a bit more and so on. i want your thumbs to be nearly touching your shoulders when you have the bar on your back. this will keep you super tight, your chest out, and your elbows down, in turn stopping any upper back rounding you are having. if your shoulder is still to messed up to do this without alot of pain then dont try it, it will put alot of pressure on them. work on it ok, it will help your squat tremendously

yes looks a bit better, good set. you are young and should still be very flexible. i want you to work on getting your hands in as close to your shoulders as you possibly can. work on it over the course of a month or so, not right away. next squat workout move them in one or two finger widths, then next workout a bit more and so on. i want your thumbs to be nearly touching your shoulders when you have the bar on your back. this will keep you super tight, your chest out, and your elbows down, in turn stopping any upper back rounding you are having. if your shoulder is still to messed up to do this without alot of pain then dont try it, it will put alot of pressure on them. work on it ok, it will help your squat tremendously

Thanks dave. Yeah I can get them much closer than that already, I just use that width grip cause its comfortable. On monday when I do 204 x 3 Ill put my hands in close and show you.

Question - I have always squatted high bar, putting it low bar is kinda uncomfortable for me, is this bad or shall I keep the high bar?

Thanks dave. Yeah I can get them much closer than that already, I just use that width grip cause its comfortable. On monday when I do 204 x 3 Ill put my hands in close and show you.

Question - I have always squatted high bar, putting it low bar is kinda uncomfortable for me, is this bad or shall I keep the high bar?

well, oly squats are traditionally done high-bar. i would have mentioned this but i assumed your goal was to get better at high-bar oly squats. i personally would move the bar down quite a bit and get used to it, it should rest right on you rear delts. this will most definitely make a big difference and is one of the biggest reasons you are rounding over.

well, oly squats are traditionally done high-bar. i would have mentioned this but i assumed your goal was to get better at high-bar oly squats. i personally would move the bar down quite a bit and get used to it, it should rest right on you rear delts. this will most definitely make a big difference and is one of the biggest reasons you are rounding over.

I just swapped to oly squats because my PL style squats had stalled and I had been doing them for 6 months or so. I tryed the low bar on friday and it was very uncomfortable, but Ill try it again on monday. Will going low bar make me any stronger?

Eventually it can based on point a to point b for a powerlifter. the lower bar ride keeps the bar in teh center of gravity in regards to the hip where you generate efficient leverage. It can also damage your rotator cuffs too so be warmed up in your shoulders as well.

Squatting: depth, bar placement and stance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you are getting bored with the standard back squat and want some variety you can change up some things.
Depth
Bar Placement
Stance
Your depth doesn't have to be DEEEEP all the time. For some it just isn't possible. Work always within the ROM that is comfortable for you. But using overloads or partials can really increase you confidence and overall power in time. Doing super deep reps and coming up half way keeps so much tension on the quads you will look like Platz's little brother or sister. Obviously there is ever range in between. Using 3-4 different depths obviously creates 3-4 different squat movements.

Bar placement can be high bar, bar of traps or on the rear delts like a powerlifter. And ever in the front for front squats. These different placement require you to respect them as you get the feel for them. Conventionally a power stance using the low bar placement keeps the bar in the center of gravity with your hips to lift MORE which is ideal for powerlifter. IT can also cause micro damage to your shoulders as well. High bar squats force you to maintain a very upright position which is great for the quads and glutes. This would be more for a bodybuilder or Olympic style lifter. The mid range tends to be more for the norm. It is usually when people use a pad on the bar because placing at the base of the traps can dig into the back.

Foot placement is just how narrow or wide you stand. I don't really think there is a specific benefit with any stance but I do think the variety makes for more complete leg development.

Take these three concepts to make squatting fresh and develop a more well rounded leg training scheme.

I know I am late coming in...but how do yall prevent your knees from hurting b4, during and after squats.
Ive been off legs for the last month and rehabbing my knees.
Any advice?

I know I am late coming in...but how do yall prevent your knees from hurting b4, during and after squats.
Ive been off legs for the last month and rehabbing my knees.
Any advice?

I think the critical part of the lift in which most knee pain and injury happens is when reversing from the negative to the positive phase of the exercise... specially those times when doing squats to paralel. For that reason i only do box squats or full atg squats because i eiher have a box or my calves muscles to fully stop my movement and reverse it from there.

Top Bottom