Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How's Your Squat? The Squat Help Thread

I've been squatting now for about a month every other day on a 5x5 routine for the most part, I've been out of the game for 4 yrs and even before that I've never really done free squats being stationed on an Aircraft carrier for 4 yrs I had to use a Smith Machine due to Rocking.. I'm having some knee problems, I've been using soft shoes latly but moved to barefoot lastnight, and felt alot better, I also asked a personal trainer at the gym to evaluate my squat and he said it looked good but on the other hand he recommended a smith machine too.. lol... So not sure how to take that.. (I'll post a vid next time i get the chance for a critique) I started doing abut 65-85lbs 3 weeks ago and am able to squat 185 clean for 2-3 reps now after 3 weeks of working on form and muscle memory coming back and what not.. But my knees are starting to ache now and it's pretty tough getting up, muscles are fine, jus the knees.. Was thinking tendons and ligaments might not be strong enouph yet. I warm up using either bike or elliptical and spend about 5min stretching my Hamstring an working my hip and other leg stretches from the videos posted, I'm am far from flexible yet and have alot of work to do to get to where u are in flexibility probably, I'm doing a full ATG squat and go past parallel. Is this good since I'm not flexible yet and was also wondering if I should go pick up a couple of wraps to help out as well???

I also have a little trouble getting outta the hole with any weight even just the bar, but once past parallel it's all good

I've been squatting now for about a month every other day on a 5x5 routine for the most part, I've been out of the game for 4 yrs and even before that I've never really done free squats being stationed on an Aircraft carrier for 4 yrs I had to use a Smith Machine due to Rocking.. I'm having some knee problems, I've been using soft shoes latly but moved to barefoot lastnight, and felt alot better, I also asked a personal trainer at the gym to evaluate my squat and he said it looked good but on the other hand he recommended a smith machine too.. lol... So not sure how to take that.. (I'll post a vid next time i get the chance for a critique) I started doing abut 65-85lbs 3 weeks ago and am able to squat 185 clean for 2-3 reps now after 3 weeks of working on form and muscle memory coming back and what not.. But my knees are starting to ache now and it's pretty tough getting up, muscles are fine, jus the knees.. Was thinking tendons and ligaments might not be strong enouph yet. I warm up using either bike or elliptical and spend about 5min stretching my Hamstring an working my hip and other leg stretches from the videos posted, I'm am far from flexible yet and have alot of work to do to get to where u are in flexibility probably, I'm doing a full ATG squat and go past parallel. Is this good since I'm not flexible yet and was also wondering if I should go pick up a couple of wraps to help out as well???

I also have a little trouble getting outta the hole with any weight even just the bar, but once past parallel it's all good

I think posting the video of you squatting will help with the advice part. About the smith machine, it's complete BS, if anything SM can make your knee problem worst.

For now you should keep working on your flexibility and decrease the weight, knee wraps will only disguise the problem and will not help with strengthening that area.

I watched the GMing out of the hole video and yeah he says alot of stretching, wide stance squats and goblet or front squats. Im not tight I dont think, I dont find it hard getting ATG and I already do frotn squats every so often...

My instructor change my exercise program once every three weeks and last week he included squats and so I thought how will this help to my six pack abs priority? But I did it nevertheless(you gotta trust the instructors) and I realized something amazing. When i did the squat I could feel my upper body, hips, and leg's stress being absorbed by my stomach and I knew this was the trick to finally washing the fats away for a defined flat stomach. Thanks for this amazing videos,. sure will do them right away!
----
Everybody wants to get six pack abs, but only the most motivated, strong-willed, and updated to the latest breakthrough succeeds.
you change your program every 3 weeks? wtf?

Anyway SL, hows this squat?

YouTube - Olympic Squats 198lbs x 3 @ 15years

you change your program every 3 weeks? wtf?

Anyway SL, hows this squat?

YouTube - Olympic Squats 198lbs x 3 @ 15years

your upper back is rounding over. watch how your elbows come up when you are coming out of the hole. you need to get your chest and head up, push your chest out hard and stay upright. keep your elbows down, you should be driving them down not letting them drift back and up. this should help you stop rounding over. everything else i can see looks good.

your upper back is rounding over. watch how your elbows come up when you are coming out of the hole. you need to get your chest and head up, push your chest out hard and stay upright. keep your elbows down, you should be driving them down not letting them drift back and up. this should help you stop rounding over. everything else i can see looks good.

oh yeah i see that, only a little but i see what you mean, Ill post up squats on fridays workout and try and stop that. thanks.

Is this better dave?

YouTube - Oly Squats 198 x 5 @ 15yo

Top Bottom