Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How's Your Squat? The Squat Help Thread

wow those are some great videos. I love squats and do them just about every workout! They kick my butt, literally. I also am a huge fan of bulgarian squats.

really great post Southern!

if anyone has any questions about form or anything to do with squatting really they should take a video and post it here along with their concerns. videotaping your own lifts and reviewing them is the best thing you can do. You can really see what you are doing in reality, rather than trying to feel what you are doing.

Wonderful thread.

The second video; good morning squats really shined some light on my bad form. I've been doing the good morning thing out of the hole and haven't realized it. I think I was just concentrating too much on hip drive and not enough on lifting my head up.

I sometimes good morning slightly on my last reps of a set. I heard that happens from 2 things - looking down and not driving hips forward & having a weak lower back. Is this correct?

See Squat Rx video #2- GMing Out Of The Hole.

interesting. I'd followed rippettoe and allowed my hips to rise at the bottom of the movement. I thought that allowed the glutes/hams to work more (but he seems to suggest its for people who are quad dominant????)

When you start back up, hips activate and follow your head up. If quads are too dominant then hams won't be able to provide support. You end up redistributing the weight forward into a GM.

Same thing as a cheat curl when you end up wildly swinging your torso back back because the weight is just too heavy. You're seeking a more advantageous leverage.

Posterior chain will be worked more if you widen your stance.

I'm not sure I answered your question.

Check these two please, althought I know I GM slightly on the banded set...

note: ignore the fag in the first video, what happens when you go to a college gym...

YouTube - Oly Squats 60kg (135lbs) + bands x 7 @ 15 years

YouTube - Squats to Box: 90kg (198lbs) x 4 @ 15 years.

Cant really see exactly what you are doing, we need a video shot from the side. One thing i can see is you are doing your box squats incorrectly. You need to sit back on the box and pause, relax your hips, and explode off the box. You are just squatting down to it and touching it with your ass. The whole point of box squats is to build power in the hips to get out of the hole. Take another video of you squatting from a side view so I can really break down your squat.

Top Bottom