Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How soon after a mass cycle can I begin a Keto diet?

mort

I'm comming off a mass cycle in three weeks, and I'm curious when is the best time to begin a keto diet, to shed some of the accumulated fat

Thanks,

Mort

Dear Mort,

You can beggin CKD as soon as you would like. Start with a 85%fat/15% protein ratio for 3 days, in order to achieve Ketosis. Then switch ratios to 65% fat/35%protein, and watch the fat melt off, my friend.

Just remember, you need to have at least a 10% calorie deficit to achieve fat-loss.

Mr.X :cool:

Thanks Mr.X

Hey thanks Mr.X! I was concerned about losing my gains if I began a keto program too soon. I've been wieght training for about 5 yrs now, and I can say only the last two of which really seriously. So, I'm somewhat of a novice, and all the science can be a bit overwhelming.

Thanks,

Mort

My friend, just remember that Ketones (by-products of free-fatty-acids) are protein sparing. Ketones are the main energy source in Ketosis, hence the name Ketosis. As a result, being in 'Ketosis' is usually protein sparing, and, in turn, muscle sparing. CKD, (Ketosis), if done properly, can lean you out and help you put on some lean-body-mass (muscle). Therefore, you see where the idea of starting CKD as soon as possible after a bulking cycle comes from.

Try: 5 days in Ketosis/2 day carb-up

CARB-UP:
day 1: HIGH-GI
day 2: LOW-GI

Mr.X :cool:

Thanks!

Will do Mr.X. What are your thoughts on the duration of a keto diet? I found a program out-line in the "elitefitness/articles", but nothing about how long is advisable to remain on a keto diet.

Thanks again,

Mort

While I agree with everything Mr. X said about the theory of CKDs and their ability to help you hold muscle, I still would wait a few weeks before I dropped below maint calories after bulking. Your body has an unnaturally high mass right now, and you need to keep feeding it to help hold those gains. If you drop your calories right away, you risk losing some. I only say this if you're coming off an AS cycle.. I believe you should give your body some time to adjust to its new size before you give it a calorie deficit. That's my opinion. Keep eating big and training hard for a few weeks after you come off to try to counteract the let down when you come off cycle. You can't hold all the gains, but you will hold more if you keep eating a little longer. Good luck.

Top Bottom