Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much protein do you take in daily?

How much do you consistantly consume on a daily basis?

• less than 1g per lb

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • 1g per lb

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • 1.5g per lb

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • greater than 1.5g per lb

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
I never go under 1 gram per pound of bodyweight. When I do, I notice my strength and endurance just isn't there. When I began eating an average of 1.25 to 1.5 grams per lb per day, I went through a growth spurt and my strength improved. I'd rather go over on my protein consumption than under. Cheap insurance for steady gains. Sure it's a pain, but if you wanna look better.........:cool:

I don't count calories,but My estimate is around 1.25 grams per bodyweight. But I voted for 1.0, since there was no 1.25 choice.

I take in anywhere between 1.5 and 2 grams per pound of bodyweight day -- depending on how many meals I get in that day. I have been as high as 3 grams per pound of bodyweight per day, but I found that I spent the majority of my time in the bathroom while doing that.

depends on what your doing doesn't it. To preserve weight I find that 1g works, but in order to gain I need to get that up to at least 1.5-2g's per lb

dont go nutz calculating what i eat, but its my guess it is under 1g/lb. i am getting there though finding different foods, when and how much to consume. im 5-10" and about 180. 180g of protien seems like a lot but i here some guys shoot for 300 to even 400g of protien a day -DAYUM

sounds good

I take 440 grams of protein a day I weigh about 228 it works for me the more u take the larger u will get in my option u need something for your body to grow on;)

Oh well as usual I voted against the mainstream. But I want to qualify my vote. When I'm bulking or maintaining I definitely take in less than 1g per pound total bodyweight. I eats lots of carbs instead and grow like the proverbial weed. So I think maybe it IS genetics, or maybe protein is 'addictive' like almost any other supplement and if you take in high amounts all the time then your body merely becomes accustomed to that much protein and rebels on ya if you try to reduce it. I say save the high protein for when you're dieting/cutting when your body really needs it. On a similar note I think doing lots of cardio all year round has a similar effect, ie your body adapts and then you have no cards up your sleeve when you decide to lose some fat.

As a side note I don't know of any research that says there is a limit to how much protein you can absorb (but as usual I may be wrong). So far as I know you can only ASSIMILATE a limited amount of protein AS LEAN BODY MASS at one time. The rest will mostly get absorbed but used for other stuff such as gluconeogenesis (if carbs are restricted) or plain old fat storage if total calories are in excess. Our bodies have not (yet) evolved to throw away valuable excess caloreis no matter where they come from. But we're working on it ;)

exactly ms. thank you.

the body becomes sloppy over time with using protein. its not a well oiled machine 24/7. that is why periodization of protein intake is necessary. you may increase to a point then you have to cut back to allow the body to become efficient with it again, and so on and so forth. for those of you racing to some proverbial finish line with regards to gaining mass, this is not what you want to hear. more is better i believe is the trend i see here.

protein intake is individual but it doesnt stray that far from the "norms". those taking in upwards and over 1.75 g/lb are just eating expensive carbs....unless you are cutting and in the more final stages of cutting at that.

for bulking, as was said. high carbs, decent amount of protein. the key is to satisfy the majority of caloric needs through carbs, some fats, leaving as much protein as possible for the target purpose, recovery and rebuilding.

many of you will believe that taking in extraordinary amounts of protein will work for you. by all means go ahead. just know that if you chart your calories, chances are you are cutting yourself short in carbs or fat and compensating with protein.

eat like a horse

I am 6'5" 224 @ 11% bf I take in aprox 4000 calories, 390gr protien, 270 gr carbs & it seems to work great for me. I do this for about 3 months then give my body a break from it for about 2 months & the suppliments that go along with it. Definately seems like my body adapts & levels after about 3 months of dieting. I am trying to get my carbs up a bit though.

Supertech

Top Bottom