Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much protein do you take in daily?

How much do you consistantly consume on a daily basis?

• less than 1g per lb

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • 1g per lb

Votes: 29 37.7%
  • 1.5g per lb

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • greater than 1.5g per lb

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
I take in over 350 grams of protein daily, and I weigh 240lbs.

Damn through the scales accuracy off a little bit.

I voted 1.5 but I actually take in about 1 on average.
mabe 1.2 or something like that.

oh yeah, I also way 170 at 6"3", lean.
and cutting, I know I should get more protein while cutting but, it is a bit harder with the calorie restriction.

those eating more than 1g per bodyweight ... you might be wasting your protein shakes .... you'll just shit the extra protein .... no flame intended ... but you're body can only absorb so much protein at once ... 1g per BW should be the limit

u know i almost always take 1.5g per lbm (300g for me) but i was at the gym the other day and talking to this pretty big guy about diets, he must have been like 250 at 6' and pretty lean. i told him how much protien i eat and he said its a wastes. he only takes in about 1g per lbm..the way he said it :

a.protein is not the most important macronutrient cause like your muscle is something like 20 or 30 % protein and the rest stored water.(thats why your muscle feel full when u take creatine) but he said carbs is what u want in balance with fats(for test, production) and u should grow nice...

b. any excess protien gets converted to glucose so its like your taking in expensive carbs!

i was like that makes so much sence! and im here spending all this money on whey, steaks and chicken! shit man im gonna try and see what happens at 200-225g protein....:D

Well I have wondered that myself, but what I think people seemed to forget about is natural test levels, now these can vary between people, so wouldnt this effect the amount of protein used by the body?

Surely it will and therefore there is no way to put a generic figure on how much a persons body would use

Its all down to the individual

I am not going to lower mine, Ive had great progress on it so far, I dont care how big the person is telling me to use 1g per 1lb, unless its a health risk, I know what works for me.

Never assume something is true just because someone with good results says so. Sure he might only take in 1g per pound but perhaps he'd be even bigger if he took more, you never know. Or perhaps he just has the genetics for size and could grow on 100g of protein a day. Again you never know but chances are you're different that him.

Personally I get a little over 1g per pound though I'm dieting. I'd shoot for 1.5g while bulking. It won't hurt you to take in more and it won't be "wasted". Extra calories in protein are safer than fat or carbs because protein takes 33% of it's own energy just for the body to utilize it. So eating 100g of protein is really like eating 66g, while eating 100g or carbs or fat is really 100g.

As far as your body only being able to digest a certain amount of protein at once, there is no proof of that. It's only a theory that has been thrown out by nutritionists. Frankly people underestimate the ability of the human body. The sheer intricacy of the bodies' ability to metabolize nutrients is mindboggling, and even today we are just at the tip of the iceberg as far as knowledge goes. The leptin gene was just found a few years ago and who knows how many more things there are to find.

And as far as "pooping" out extra protein. Hell I wish that were true. I'd just eat about 3000 calories of protein a day while dieting to stay full and not worry about gaining weight as my body will simply shit it out. Sorry doesn't work like that. Your body can metabolize as much protein as you give it, however if the chances of your body storing it as fat will become greater. I'd guess you could metabolize up to 100g at a time, however it will take much longer than smaller amounts spread out across the day.

cyberflash said:
those eating more than 1g per bodyweight ... you might be wasting your protein shakes .... you'll just shit the extra protein .... no flame intended ... but you're body can only absorb so much protein at once ... 1g per BW should be the limit

okay, but you do know that not all the protein you eat at a time is absorbed by the body, right?:)

Top Bottom