Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much do you eat PWO ???

C0LUMB0

Simple question ...

How much of your daily calorie intake is post workout ???

Do you think its critical or even of any importance to eat more after your training session than before ....

30% before you train 70% after training , 50 -50 ?

Total daily calories will be the same either way but nutrient timing is a factor and our body would better utilise those calories after being stressed ?

Discuss ! :coffee:

IMO too much emphasis is put into nutrient timing. If your calories and macros are the same at the end of the day, it won't make a difference. The only thing I see being important is getting some sort of protein intake within a reasonable time post workout. This will keep protein synthesis going after breaking down tissue from the workout.

As for my experience, I have fasted for several hours post workout (BCAAs only) and Ive also done a huge post workout meal, and Ive also done the typical post workout shake. Macros have all been about the same, yet Ive seen no benefit from a muscle building standpoint from one way over the others. It Didnt change anything either way

I also don't think nutrient timing is all that important but I've always made sure that I have lots of protein and moderate carbs in me before I go to bed, as I am under the impression that we do most of our growing at night when sleeping. Not sure if it helps or not but it doesn't seem to hurt and I just hate going to bed hungry.

If I'm working I'll have 5 meals before training and 3 after and my workouts are way better.

If I'm off I'll go training in the morning after 3 meals and have 5 meals after training and its never as good or intense.

Maybe I havent woken up fully and mightnt be down to food.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using EliteFitness

I get in a protein shake with skim milk 2 scoops of protein two tablespoons of peanut butter and some creatine then eat a cup of plain Greek yogurt seems to work well I'm bulking now

IMO too much emphasis is put into nutrient timing. If your calories and macros are the same at the end of the day, it won't make a difference. The only thing I see being important is getting some sort of protein intake within a reasonable time post workout. This will keep protein synthesis going after breaking down tissue from the workout.

As for my experience, I have fasted for several hours post workout (BCAAs only) and Ive also done a huge post workout meal, and Ive also done the typical post workout shake. Macros have all been about the same, yet Ive seen no benefit from a muscle building standpoint from one way over the others. It Didnt change anything either way

Thnaks Rick , i remember when i did IF i did stay super lean and hard but on a bulk or as you prefer to call it muscle gain phase i just wondered if the cals consumed pwo were an important factor. i guess the answer is no !

I'm no expert, but I feel the best in the gym right after breakfast ( 3 eggs, 1 ovacado, 2 cups coffee) and have my other 5-7 meals after I hit the gym

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using EliteFitness

I prefer to get in 4 meals before and pwo shake on my way home from the gym. Followed by a fish and green beans meal, then a casein shake and hour and a half later just before

I gave up caffeine and need to experiment more with pre workout meals because I lost intensity. I had lots of dmaa caps as well..so I could train my ass off with just protein shakes. Now I am working for more metabolic flexibility. Ive never been much of a carbs cunt, but go ok with some sucrose fruit pwo. Micronised whey post, then some carbs 30 min later.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

Top Bottom