Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How do you train when cutting???

SouthernLord

Elite Moderator
Elite Moderator
EF VIP
I'm racking my brain here...... I am tapering down my carbs and upping my fat intake in preparation for an upcoming cut starting after xmas. I will be using a Palumbo type keto diet.

How do you guys set up your training for a cut? I already plan on doing LISS for my cardio, but I'm not sure how I want to train.

For the past few months I've made some great gains on the FST-7. This program is obviously designed primarily for an off season athlete. I do not think I could survive the volume with a low cho intake.

Previous to FST-7 I've spent the last 8 months alternating between the 5x5 and 5/3/1 with most of that time spent on the 5/3/1.

What type of training do you guys suggest given my dietary choice of low cho? I'm leaning towards the 5/3/1 to preserve strength, but I would like you guys opinions on this. I'll be cutting natty, so maybe take that into consideration. Thanks bros.

higher reps more sets with shorter breaks. i just go for a nice full pump but not much if any past it.

higher reps more sets with shorter breaks. i just go for a nice full pump but not much if any past it.

For a keto diet?

Muscle glycogen is going to be very low. I am doubting I get very pumped. Wouldn't a low(er) volume strength type split be best for this dietary approach?

I keep getting conflicting answers. Higher reps less rest or low volume strength work????

Heavy 3-6 rep range low volume but if ur doing some kinda carb competion that's somthing different and I'd suggest reading the ud2.0
but I'm a fat ass so idk lol

Heavy 3-6 rep range low volume but if ur doing some kinda carb competion that's somthing different and I'd suggest reading the ud2.0
but I'm a fat ass so idk lol

lol me too. that's why I'm cutting :)

I think the ud works best for guys that are already super lean (~10%) who want to take it the next step further on the ripped scale. i was calipperd at 15% a few months back, but I'm prolly closer to 17% now so i doubt the ud is right for me.

The Palumbo diet is pretty straight forward and simplistic. Once I get to 10-11% I'll make a decision on whether i want to take it further or go back to bulking. My goal is to get lean and then get back to bulking as soon as possible. GFH :evil:

have you tried low rest periods? 30 to 45 seconds between sets. it forces you to keep the weight somewhat lighter because your rest is so short but it ramps up the fat burning pretty good. cant go really heavy or too high on reps.

i do 3-4 sets per exercise with higher reps less intensity and more total exercises. i would only cut on cycle and not cut out so many carbs that i cant train. thats how it works well for me. i just recently dropped about 50lbs of mostly fat this way. but thatdoesnt mean it will work for everyone. theres no magic aproach to cutting. if there was no one would lose any mass pre contest. just pick a plan and see how it goes.

have you tried low rest periods? 30 to 45 seconds between sets. it forces you to keep the weight somewhat lighter because your rest is so short but it ramps up the fat burning pretty good. cant go really heavy or too high on reps.

Hell no. I take at least 10 minute breaks between sets of the big compounds :p j/k

I usually rest 2-5 minutes between the big lifts when training low reps. I usually go around 60-90 secs between accessory lifts. I almost throw up daily when doing the FST-7.

Hell no. I take at least 10 minute breaks between sets of the big compounds :p j/k

I usually rest 2-5 minutes between the big lifts when training low reps. I usually go around 60-90 secs between accessory lifts. I almost throw up daily when doing the FST-7.

yea, the big lifts you cant limit rest at all. i agree completely. try the accessory lifts at 30 to 45 seconds rest. use a stop watch. i hate when my training cycles back to low rest. its like a sprint from start to finish.

Top Bottom